Loop lenght modification on timeline

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if you know how to do that the length of a loop increase over time.

I mean:

I have a clip with a loop, and the length is from 1 to 8. I want that after 3 minutes, this length changes to 1 to 12 (for example), so that the loop duration increases, but without having to use another clip and doing it progressively.

I guess the only option is maybe using a sampler and changing the length using automation.

One possibility (a bit awkward, but possible) would be making 2 clips with different lengths.
First clip's length: 1, 2nd clip's length: 12.
Then using first clip's Next Action, set Do to "Play Next" and After to the bar value after which it should play the different length loop.
Works, I tried.

Yeah, it can be done using Clip Launcher and Next action timer.

Thank you for the info. I didn't know about those possibilities :)

I'll try it today and I'll try to document it, so other people can use this info too

Hm, I think I got your idea, but I wanted to do is,

From a loop with length 6, change the length progressively till it plays with length 12 (for example)

The Idea is to get a loop being played progesiveliy less frequent

Maybe you need to automate some sampler values then.

yep, it's probably easier to do with Sampler after all. Either with automation if you need it to play out specifically in your arrange, or with modulators like Sawtooth LFO and Quantize

I made it with the sampler and the loop length option

Return to “Bitwig”