[SOLVED] Saving a 'view' ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For instance, the note editor could take almost most of the screen estate, with only 2 or 3 tracks showing at the top, the left panel hidden, because the work is focused on note editing. Is it possible to save this 'view', showing all tracks briefly to do some quick work on the tracks, then go back to the saved 'view' to continue the note editing ?

Cheers.
Last edited by mevla on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows arrangement & bottom-panel size is saved per-project, so you can set up a template with note editor stretched almost to cover full screen. You can't add another 'custom' view to the default 3: ARRANGE, MIX and EDIT

Having said that, I typically just use the EDIT view for ...editing (that's what it's for, after all :) ) using Shift+Tab to quickly switch back & forth between ARRANGE and EDIT. Actually with right hand on the mouse / trackpad and left hand hitting the Shift+Tab I'd say it's faster than going up to the top of the screen to do something with the tracks, especially if you'd have to scroll vertically through the whole project having only 2 tracks visible.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

At first I found it strange that I could not find the Editing button. I used it a few times already. Then Shift+Tab did nothing at all. Not too long ago I switched to using 'Dual Display (Arranger+Mixer)' so I can switch easily, on the same desktop, same screen, between the Arranger and the Mixer using Alt+Tab (Linux). Configured in such a way the EDIT button, bottom left, disappears. Which explains that Shift+Tab does nothing.

I just tried using 'Dual Display (Master+Detail)' and I can switch between the Arranger and the Edit window easily using Alt+Tab (Shift+Tab still does nothing). So that's all right. It's even better in a way because both are full screen, meaning that when the Arranger is shown, both the Inspector and the Right side (whatever its name is) panels are shown and when the Editor is shown the panels are gone making it really full screen which is great for detail work. That is, each view will retain the configuration of its panels. To compare, Shift+Tab only toggles the main view region.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the other options after reading it, starting with Shift+Tab.

Cheers.

One thing that's quite annoying though is that for a same track, the Arranger view can show the 'blue triangle' at bar 144 while switching to the Edit view brings it to 85. This problem is around since some time though. Editing Arranger clips does not show them in the context of the current Arranger bar position.

Return to “Bitwig”