Bitwig Wishlist

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Audio normalization for clips,etc... with right click normalize.
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

macgregor_oi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:21 am 1: Multi-note auditioning in the piano roll for chord auditioning.
when you move notes together, you hear them together. as for multi-touch, just use virtual keyboard for that, it's really awkward to try and hold more than one note in piano roll by fingers.

x.iso wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:26 am
macgregor_oi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:21 am 1: Multi-note auditioning in the piano roll for chord auditioning.
when you move notes together, you hear them together.
There are so many intelligent ways to accomplish this. The clumsy 'move notes together'-way isn't one of them.

Maby one of the easiest FR on the planet but/and wonder if I am alone in wishing for BWS to be able to stay on top if using multiple DAWs at the same time thingie on One, monitor, nah/yup?. :p

Ps. and the "soon/week" thing needs some tweaking also. :p :)

Auto mode for peak hold on the level meter in the mixer, so we can set a hold time easily instead of having to click to reset the value like a nomad from the 17th century.

Happy to select tracks to temporarily apply this to if there is any resource issue, it's just a pain having to keep resetting when lowering to a specific value.

don_looney wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm Audio normalization for clips,etc... with right click normalize.
+1 feel like they might include this at some point... not sure when though

bbreakz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:55 pm
don_looney wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm Audio normalization for clips,etc... with right click normalize.
+1 feel like they might include this at some point... not sure when though
+1

Hopefully they will go the extra mile and add Group Normalise like in Reaper - select a bunch of assets on the timeline and Shift +N - everything goes up by the same amount until the loudest item peaks.

The fact that clips are containers for audio events should not mean it can't be done.

LAN Sync - something like this:
  1. I set my studio PC's Bitwig to Sync Master.
  2. Fellow Bitwig user drops by with his laptop, joins the wifi, opens Bitwig.
  3. Fellow Bitwig user's Bitwig scans local network for available Sync Masters, finds my studio PC's Bitwig, prompts fellow Bitwig user's screen with something like "Sync Master "StudioPCname" found! Would you like to sync?".
  4. Fellow clicks yes.
  5. My studio PC's Bitwig then gets a similar screen, but it is asking for permission to "Allow "FellowLaptopName" to sync?".
  6. I click yes.
  7. I get a new audio track, its input source set to Sync:FellowLaptopName.
  8. My project settings are replicated to FellowLaptopName's Bitwig project and transport functions synced.
  9. FellowLaptopName's Bitwig project Master Track gets a secondary output listed that displays Sync:StudioPCname, unchangeable except for a X button to end Sync.
  10. Enjoy wireless EZ sync jamming with friends who can now be convinced to buy Bitwig cause it's now EZ sync cool, just like I hyped it after it was announced as a upcoming feature (if i remember correctly).
Do this and I will buy Bitwig 2.x or 3.x or 4.x, whichever version it releases with. Until then, still lovin 1.x.

happy creating!

You don‘t know that this syncing already works, but with a single click instead of 10 steps opening and closing too many windows?
Just switch on Ableton Link and you are in sync!
We are jamming happily on our monthly Bitwig user group in Berlin. Setup for everyone 1 second, even if someone is late, no popup windows which would interrupt the jam...

Exactly, there's no 'Master' concept with Link if I remember correctly, anybody can tweak the tempo and it's mirrored for everyone.
But to have MIDI Lan as well would be a nice option. Usine Hollyhock has this feature (and also patch sharing).

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 am You don‘t know that this syncing already works, but with a single click instead of 10 steps opening and closing too many windows?
We are jamming happily on our monthly Bitwig user group in Berlin. Setup for everyone 1 second, even if someone is late, no popup windows which would interrupt the jam...
So the audio automatically gets sent to the system with the studio monitors?

Edit: and by automatically I mean over LAN
Last edited by powermat on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just want the GUI to be smoother. After using some other DAW's Bitwig feels extremely sluggish to me. When they fix it I'll give them all the moneys.

I want v3 beta to come out...

powermat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:02 am You don‘t know that this syncing already works, but with a single click instead of 10 steps opening and closing too many windows?

We do it old school with a mixer, same amount of cables for that purpose, but with Dante you could do it over LAN, but that would require more hard- and software... The sync happens over WLAN...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:19 am
powermat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm

We do it old school with a mixer, same amount of cables for that purpose, but with Dante you could do it over LAN, but that would require more hard- and software... The sync happens over WLAN...
This is where Bitwig could differ. I get you don't like popups, so f em. No popups, auto sync with Bitwig designated as Studio or Master, Transport sync and audio sent to Studio system automatically over LAN. Maybe some project sync options to boot.

This would also be a definite word-of-mouth boost for them. No wires, connect to your friend's studio and jam! "If you'd just get bitwig, this would be so much easier." type of thing.

Hell, this could also be a good way of doing live stuff, too. No need to rewire unless you have other hardware that's part of your show. Just sync up to the system and mix in.

The audio automatically sent to the Studio/Master system was the big point of my feature request as there's already midi sync, too. Didn't know about ableton link, but that's pretty much just as good, except over wifi, but a mixer and cables and available inputs, etc. still could be done away with if they'd do their own Bitwig Sync over LAN.

Return to “Bitwig”