Bitwig Wishlist

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

keel wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:40 pm I only have a one wish, and it is a midi chase. It is surprisingly annoying to trying to do anything like pads, raisers, fx - anything where you have a long notes and they only play from the beggining of the note. Especially once you are getting to used to that they play everywhere, now I found and feel like this is so super stupid thing that I won't even want to use Bitwig atm. I hope they add it soon, I really do!
I hear ya. I was really surprised by this while evaluating the daw. There is no way I can switch to a daw like this for song creation until they add the basic midi and audio necessities. Why are they working on so much sound design stuff in 3.0 when there's so many basic things missing? It's puzzling!

joeballs wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 pm
keel wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:40 pm I only have a one wish, and it is a midi chase. It is surprisingly annoying to trying to do anything like pads, raisers, fx - anything where you have a long notes and they only play from the beggining of the note. Especially once you are getting to used to that they play everywhere, now I found and feel like this is so super stupid thing that I won't even want to use Bitwig atm. I hope they add it soon, I really do!
I hear ya. I was really surprised by this while evaluating the daw. There is no way I can switch to a daw like this for song creation until they add the basic midi and audio necessities. Why are they working on so much sound design stuff in 3.0 when there's so many basic things missing? It's puzzling!
I quite often use pads/drones and do find this annoying. Especially when a pad drops in a bit before the arranger clip Im working on. Not only do I have to play from beginning of clip, but also start it before that arranger clip so have to move start point back n forth at times.

As far as original post, I agree with scrolling/zoom with left/right click and increasing mouse wheel functionality. It just seems....intuitive.

Let’s remember that even Ableton didn’t have MIDI chase until Live 10...

Yokai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:12 pm Let’s remember that even Ableton didn’t have MIDI chase until Live 10...
Or Snap Automation.

...Dark Days they were....
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I have a lot of midi files with 1 or 2 bar drum loops on them. It would be nice if I could audition them to the track where my drum sampler is. Instead when I audition these it just plays a few synth tones.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

"- Zoom and Scroll: Scroll with Left Click, Zoom with Right click. Easy!"

Did you try holding the mouse scroll wheel down while moving the mouse up/down left/right?

Best zoom and scroll in any DAW.

My wishlist includes:
button in various devices for making FX container contents act 'per note', duplicating everything in it for the number of voices instrument have or specified value. also same option for forcing VST's into multiple instances for specified amount of voices (enabling more MPE modulations where they aren't supported). Currently it's possible to do manually, but quite cumbersome and less performance efficient than it could be.

More overdub options, for instance 'takeover' mode, when notes would be replaced only when the input is given, and mappable 'rest' button to erase midi data as it's played over. This way you could record something in the loop and sculpt it on the fly as the loop repeats and you either add something or remove, both in terms of notes and automations.

Add optional vitrual XY touchpad to the virtual keyboard tab (so that it's shown alongside the keyboard, maybe map it to effect 1 (CC12) and effect 2 (CC13) by default and add dropdown to select which params from current track it should modulate (saved state for each track individually).

Improvement for virtual keyboard:
1. First of all, it should detect Transposition modules or Note filter modules and show keys layout according to final output skipping unused notes (or simply ones that will be blocked and won't come through). This is needed for simplification and ease of performance and also for avoiding pitch-sliding to notes that are supposed to be blocked. This should be top priority for touch keyboard improvement.

2. Going further with idea of touch keyboard adapting to Note FX modules used in track to match expectations from it with actual result. Would be nice to have some visualisation of what Arpeggiator doing, like phantom touch points, but with blue color. Currently only played clips represent what keys are hit on the virtual keyboard, should work with overall output from the track and apply overall principle of blue/green phantom touches whenever something beyond actual touch is happening (just like modulations are represented with blue or green depending on poly or mono modulations).

3. More options like how many rows and columns of keys keyboard should fit, it should be scalable. Also optional vertical touchpad on the side for holding initial velocity value for incoming notes, since it's impossible to do otherwise with matrix-style keyboard. And maybe additional touch fader for global pitchbend? not needed if XY pad is implemented.

Please please please!!!
1. Multi channel midi cc mapping
2. Multi channel midi cc mapping
3. Multi...channel...midi...cc...mapping

I understand this MPE business is pretty great but I see no reason why it necessitates mappings that ignore channels. Sure MPE assigns incoming notes to different channels so that parameters can be changed polyphonically, but what if I have a controller that doesn't use MPE, but has a lot of controls. (with lemur, if I want to have more than 128 cc I must make a seperate "daemon", and I can only have 8 of those).
Also it wouldn't hurt to have a generic controller script that has both an input and output for every cc by default. And what's with "Usercontrol1, 2 ,3" etc?

Thanks!!!

PS: So far I love bitwig, I jumped ship from Ableton just like you guys, wuuuuuuut!!! keep up the good work :D

1. Better transient detection
2. Easier creation of stretch markers
3. Normal sized menus.
4. Tempo detection and application a la Logic

An improved method for managing routing.

The routing selection is currently done using a right click method which is fine for simple selections but becomes a pain when you have many chains especially if they are in groups or containers or both. It would be nice to have a dedicated menu item with a table showing the routing so you can both see the full name of the current source destination and easier selection, maybe similar to the pop up browser.

Alias copies and Automation clips.
Clip fx if they can swing it*

what do you mean by automation clips? you can already write automations in clips with absolute or 2 relative modes

x.iso wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:07 pm what do you mean by automation clips? you can already write automations in clips with absolute or 2 relative modes
I think solid rectangle automation clips like audio and midi clips. a la FL Studio. Which would be cool. While at it add automation shapes with transform and groove pool from Live :)

andypryce wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:06 pm
x.iso wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:07 pm what do you mean by automation clips? you can already write automations in clips with absolute or 2 relative modes
I think solid rectangle automation clips like audio and midi clips. a la FL Studio. Which would be cool. While at it add automation shapes with transform and groove pool from Live :)
Ok, then you're asking for additional clip 'tracks' inside the tracks (also for much requested takes). I don't think it would make sense to have separate automation type clips, there's just nowhere to put them in Bitwig.

1: Multi-note auditioning in the piano roll for chord auditioning.

2: A modulator that consists of a 1 macro knobe that scrubs through a multi-node envelope curve.
The possibilities of this one are insane.

Return to “Bitwig”