[SOLVED] Is it possible to switch to Mixer view full screen w/o the Device and Info side bars ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use the Clip view with the Info and Device side panels. Using TAB it's possible to switch to full screen Mixer view. Although the two side panels remains. Is there a way to switch to Mixer view full screen and at the same time get rid of these two panels while having them back automatically when switching back to Clip view ?
Last edited by mevla on Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMO just with using the dual displaying mode and choosing between them using the standard alt+tab combo
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Do you mean having dual monitors ? I tried alt-TAB in Xfce (Xubuntu 18.04) and it allows switching between displayed windows on a single desktop. Is it possible to detach the Clip view from the Mixer view in Bitwig so that each can be somehow considered as a distinct window on a single desktop using a single monitor ?

mevla wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:48 pm Do you mean having dual monitors ? I tried alt-TAB in Xfce (Xubuntu 18.04) and it allows switching between displayed windows on a single desktop. Is it possible to detach the Clip view from the Mixer view in Bitwig so that each can be somehow considered as a distinct window on a single desktop using a single monitor ?
No he means the dual display profile in settings. If you go to settings and choose dual display, you'll have 2 separate windows open. That's how you would set up dual monitors. You just drag the 2nd window over and you're good to go. You can still set that up even with 1 monitor but you would just make that 2nd window the mixer exactly how you want it.

I tried it, this is great. Thanks !

The configuration option is :

Settings -> Display Profile -> Dual Display (Arranger/Mixer)

One thing though, has nothing to do with Bitwig, is that there's a gross blue shadowing of the full screen in Xubuntu when using Alt-TAB. The whole screen becomes blue for a moment while in the middle a popup appears with the two Bitwig screens. Not a great idea at all.

To switch it off:

Settings -> Window Manager Tweaks -> Compositor

And disable display compositing.

Return to “Bitwig”