[SOLVED] I will be locked out of my duly paid Bitwig ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the following from the Bitwig web shop:

EDIT: I added the header, so that people would not think I'm making this up.

To: [removed]
Subject: An important message from the Bitwig webshop
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 17:04:25 +0200 (EET)

[Removed greeting]

"We're sending this message to remind you that Bitwig Studio 12 Month Upgrade Plan subscription will expire on 2019-02-23. You will not be able to continue using your product unless you renew your subscription before its expiration date."

This is very serious. Up to now I always considered, as many others undoubtedly, that I was free to 'subscribe' to updates or not. And that I could, after some time of not being subscribed, to subscribe again and during that time being able to use Bitwig all the same.

This email clearly states otherwise.

"You will not be able to continue using your product unless you renew your subscription"

This clearly means that I will be locked out of Bitwig. I will not be able to create music anymore using Bitwig. I will have to pay for the rest of my life each and every year in order to use Bitwig.

Is this actually the case or is this some kind of very aggressive pitch sale for the subscription plan ?
Last edited by mevla on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

On their website their wrote:
"This is not a subscription; you own a perpetual license. The upgrade plan is only required for access to the latest release."
https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/new-license-model.html

Have they change their mind since ? Why is the email formulated in such a way ?

I guess it´s like you assumed, that it is just an aggressive sale-pitch. Ohh my god, how I LOVE this product but in the same way just hate the f**king marketing department of bitwig. in my professional opinion these guys have no sense for good marketing, it´s just one unclever strategy after another... this guys think the customers are stupid or something (or maybe the markteting-department is just stupid, idk)... they continiously come up with those unclever/transparent schemas to sell the product. Shame on the marketing department of bitwig...

Please Devs, just get rid of those idots, they just destroy your good reputation/product. You don´t need them. A good product stands for itself and can be very succesful without overly hyped through marketing. (look at u-he).

What the heck is this mail... so full of shit. unless it suddenly changed, you are just not able to upgrade after the expiration date, but are able to continue using the product.
Everyone knows more than I do...

What is 2checkout anyway?
Edit: already found the asnwer.

Well I hope it's not a sign of a new licensing model coming in Bitwig 3 :D

I guess it's because that shop isn't set up properly. Got an mail with the wrong expiry date the other day. Let them know.

Yeah, I already pinged Bitwig support about this.

0degree wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:26 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa.... if this is going to be a new model... :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be just a HUUUGEEE joke, considering the past statements of bitwig.

I just hope for a mistake in the formulation of the mail (and demand for restructuring the phrase, this is just misleading!!!)... let´s be optimistic that the model won´t be changed... :pray: :pray:
Everyone knows more than I do...

operator wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:36 pm
0degree wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:26 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa.... if this is going to be a new model... :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be just a HUUUGEEE joke, considering the past statements of bitwig.

I just hope for a mistake in the formulation of the mail (and demand for restructuring the phrase, this is just misleading!!!)... let´s be optimistic that the model won´t be changed... :pray: :pray:
I think they confirmed some time ago it will be the same for v3 and as I said I do hope they didn't change their minds :roll:

The product IS the Upgrade Plan, not Bitwig. You will not be able to use your Upgrade Plan after it expires is what it's saying. You will no longer have the subscription, you will still have BWS. Bloody awful language though it appears to come from 2checkout who may be unaware of the ambiguity. Maybe all they know is they sold you a thing (the plan) that will no longer work after a year. All marketing people should be shot.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Ah.

"You will not be able to continue using your subscription unless you renew your subscription"

Sounds even weirder IMHO

Anyway, here's the actual info:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/shop/renew

English is not the Devs primary language. They frequently say some unclear stuff in english. They are obviously smart guys so I attribute their unclear comments to language.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:29 pm English is not the Devs primary language. They frequently say some unclear stuff in english. They are obviously smart guys so I attribute their unclear comments to language.
Maybe.... or maybe is an unintended leak at the wrong time.
That would be catastrophic to their future business.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

no panic they means the subscription model

Return to “Bitwig”