Bitwig - Pain Points

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You’re not missing anything, and I’m aware of this, but the key commands and scroll bars should work simply and properly. Gebus.

Is there a way to record straight to RAW? I spent a good part of an afternoon looking for it but stretch mode on record/bounce doesn’t have a RAW option which is weird and probably my telling that not many people use bw for straight up recording.

I believe you can set that in the preferences. According to length.

konXfront wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 amIs there a way to record straight to RAW? I spent a good part of an afternoon looking for it but stretch mode on record/bounce doesn’t have a RAW option which is weird and probably my telling that not many people use bw for straight up recording.
This setting doesn't impact in any way a format / quality to which the audio is recorded, just sets up a stretching algorithm in advance. If you're not doing any stretching then it's basically raw.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:13 am
konXfront wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 amIs there a way to record straight to RAW? I spent a good part of an afternoon looking for it but stretch mode on record/bounce doesn’t have a RAW option which is weird and probably my telling that not many people use bw for straight up recording.
This setting doesn't impact in any way a format / quality to which the audio is recorded, just sets up a stretching algorithm in advance. If you're not doing any stretching then it's basically raw.

Thanks!

Undo undoes all the passes in a loop recording in the arranger, instead of just the last one. There's a workaround, but you shouldn't have to.

In the browser, I'd like to be able to rename presets. Seems you can only "Edit File Metadata...".
Am I missing something?

Right-click, Reveal file, and rename file itself. I don't know why Bitwig can't rename the file on it's own.

Dbl post
Last edited by stufflin on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iWishwishwish

Midilearn for notes
+
Midilearn in the Grid.
+
Nicely integrated midimonitor

Coinpurse wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:42 pm I see the logic in what they are doing but I don't think it's healthy for the core user base. These exciting new features such as "The Grid" attract new and potential customers but it takes more attention off of the low hanging fruit that would really strengthen the the program. Bitwig 3 does not excite me. I respect what they are doing but what would make me happy is the Bitwig team taking a step back and spending some time strengthening the foundation of this program to make it an exceptional DAW.
Agree 100%. I already own Reaktor, I don't need "the grid". I really like the Reaper philosophy of focusing on the DAW and not add-ins. There's TONS of great saturation plugins out there. I agree with the OP on performance, it's hurting. The basic workflow of the clip launcher is the best, but the GUI really needs an upgrade -- I don't see much improvement in 3.0 (beta 6).

Notecrusher wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:07 pm Agree 100%. I already own Reaktor, I don't need "the grid".
I understand your basic point and am not disagreeing with it... I also look forward to some work on the core DAW functionality.

That said, I quite like the Grid even though I have Reaktor. If we are talking about Reaktor Blocks, it is mono... no polyphony. Reaktor also does not support MPE.

With Bitwig's Grid I can quickly make polyphonic instruments that I can play with plenty of polyphony without crushing the CPU. I can also stack voices and each instrument automatically just works with my Linnstrument or other MPE controllers.

+1 on all points in OP's post.
This MUST be #1 Priority for 3.1

I insist.
Even my "Top 3 Composer Features" post must fall behind. It's just here to give BW's Devs an idea of what's seriously lacking.

Props to OP for puting together these pain points.

Return to “Bitwig”