Bitwig - Pain Points

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig are the best. :tu:

Yeah that's the thing, I really want Bitwig to survive and thrive. Very curious to see what other small improvements come in version 3, even if the Grid is the main act.

Coinpurse wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 pm
coroknight wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:42 pm +1 on pretty much all of this.
I have really come to miss the saturator in Ableton. It's so simple but effective. Yet to find a solid third-party replacement :(
+1 for a native saturation !
EDIT: You can use the Drive section of the Amp device as a very usable distortion/saturation unit. In THIS post I discribe the details. There you also can find the preset I did.
Of course it's not the same as the Saturator device in Ableton but it sounds very good in many situations I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Big need personally has to the higher performance, specifically on Mac. It's hard to completely switch from Ableton when I'm able to add so many more tracks in Ableton or Cubase compared to BWS. And I have the new 16GB Ram i7 (8th Gen) Macbook so its rather unexplainable how I seem to get better performance out of my less powerful Windows system on BWS then on my Mac System

Also I Miss a Native Vocoder.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Not able to audition a midi file to the current track
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Better Performance
I'm coming from FL Studio 20 and BW feels like 2x more efficient.
Less Sensitive Sliders and Knobs
Yes.
Better Meters on Tool, Compressor, FX
Yes small meters are useless. And yes, I need to see the reading of level and GR.
Better Representation of waveforms
Yes, they're tiny. Basically non existent for low amplitude..
Bounce to new track with send amounts preserved on new track (checkbox)
Yes, or a capture device so we can record the output easily, like Edison i FL Studio
Better layer editing
I think so. I get lost inside of there easily.
Drag Audio Clip To Browser Folder
Hm.. sure, but exporting a track in a different folder or with a suffix (counter++) please

u-u-u wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:11 am
I have really come to miss the saturator in Ableton. It's so simple but effective. Yet to find a solid third-party replacement :(
EDIT: You can use the Drive section of the Amp device as a very usable distortion/saturation unit. In THIS post I discribe the details. There you also can find the preset I did.
Of course it's not the same as the Saturator device in Ableton but it sounds very good in many situations I think.
Awesome I appreciate the info! I'll definitely experiment with the Amp a bit.

u-u-u wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:11 am
I'll have to try this out but I also use saturation as a mixing effect to help even out troublesome audio. Unfortunately I don't think the amp effect will help much with that.

zouzmusic wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:40 pm Bounce to new track with send amounts preserved on new track (checkbox)
Yes, or a capture device so we can record the output easily, like Edison i FL Studio
You already can do that. And even much faster than in FL. You can make a time selection on a master track, group track or even send track and click "Bounce".

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I REALLY want the ability to re-order my Audio I/Os. It seems like a simple thing--maybe there's a way which I've missed--though the lack thereof is a real PITA if you need it.
Anyone else?

Spencer Maddox wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:44 pm My Big need personally has to the higher performance, specifically on Mac. It's hard to completely switch from Ableton when I'm able to add so many more tracks in Ableton or Cubase compared to BWS. And I have the new 16GB Ram i7 (8th Gen) Macbook so its rather unexplainable how I seem to get better performance out of my less powerful Windows system on BWS then on my Mac System

Also I Miss a Native Vocoder.
Absolutely agree. This here pretty much is my only real pain point with Bitwig right now. The same project (in terms of number of tracks, plugins etc.) runs without any issues (e.g. stuttering) on Live or Logic, but not on Bitwig.
Frequently changing DAW of choice...

What I quickly tested my 8track, there is no midi chase. That is one good reason not to change Live to Bitwig. I can't stand DAW's which don't have midi chase. It is highly annoying to compose anything with long notes, like pads, fx's, raisers whatever. Same goes to Reason..

keel wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:41 pm What I quickly tested my 8track, there is no midi chase. That is one good reason not to change Live to Bitwig. I can't stand DAW's which don't have midi chase. It is highly annoying to compose anything with long notes, like pads, fx's, raisers whatever. Same goes to Reason..
Agree!

Good improvement points. But a "pain" is exaggerating the impact on daily flow IMHO. Still, hopefully some of these points will be addressed after the Grid is out an ironed out. As for me, comping would be at the top.

I'll also add: having a monitoring bus. So that the main master level stays the same in any situation.

Start play from the selected midi note and better metering, especially for gain staging between devices would be my top picks.

And yeah better layer editing, it's pretty confusing what is going on there.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Return to “Bitwig”