Bitwig - Pain Points

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Coinpurse wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pmBitwig is still seriously flawed and it's actually quite embarrassing… yet the entire teams attention is focused on the beloved 'GRID' .. Glad they are working on the important features….
What's embarrassing is your attitude

I feel you pain Coinpurse and I would love to see these things added as well, but I find Bitwig miles ahead of Ableton in so many other ways and they’re developing at pretty fast pace right now. Bounce in Place, multi clip editing, CPU efficiency, Plugin Sandboxing, hybrid tracks - I could go on, I can’t live without these things now. If they can get the arrange page navigation features (vertical zoom / zoom toggle especially) and GUI speed close to where Ableton is Bitwig will be a monster.

Personally I love when these randoms come in all butthurt. It puts a smile on my face.
-JH

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:09 am
Coinpurse wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:51 pmBitwig is still seriously flawed and it's actually quite embarrassing… yet the entire teams attention is focused on the beloved 'GRID' .. Glad they are working on the important features….
What's embarrassing is your attitude
Whats embarrassing is your post count.

kdogg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:17 am I feel you pain Coinpurse and I would love to see these things added as well, but I find Bitwig miles ahead of Ableton in so many other ways and they’re developing at pretty fast pace right now. Bounce in Place, multi clip editing, CPU efficiency, Plugin Sandboxing, hybrid tracks - I could go on, I can’t live without these things now. If they can get the arrange page navigation features (vertical zoom / zoom toggle especially) and GUI speed close to where Ableton is Bitwig will be a monster.
I fully agree and share similar sentiments. While all of that is incredible and very forward thinking there are some basic fundamental issues that need to be addressed. Most of my sessions reach 60-100 track count and I can't get through a single one without experiencing several bugs and performance issues. I come from the design world and Photoshop always felt seamless and it never stood in my way when trying to complete a task. I don't feel the same about Bitwig. People may dislike what I am saying but truthfully I am passionate about this program which I believe is slated to be the biggest DAW on the market. The foundation first must be strong especially for people who make music professionally. Until then the tweakers can have fun with their toy.

Coinpurse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 am The foundation first must be strong especially for people who make music professionally. Until then the tweakers can have fun with their toy.
Exactly. Let's see what comes after this Grid hype is over...

JHernandez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:28 am Personally I love when these randoms come in all butthurt. It puts a smile on my face.
So you aren't experiencing any of these issues? Must be your elementary use of the software.

Coinpurse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:07 am
JHernandez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:28 am Personally I love when these randoms come in all butthurt. It puts a smile on my face.
So you aren't experiencing any of these issues? Must be your elementary use of the software.
Maybe you're assuming I share your intellectual shortcomings. :troll:

Why ask the question if you're going to assume an answer?

Some of the items on your list I don't consider issues. Most of those are seemingly your preferred way of working.

I don't have a sluggish interface, the lack of GPU acceleration isn't noticeable on my computer. I don't have your layer editing problem either, I use it often as part of a workaround for the lack of quick comping. I'd like a Chase function, optional, but it's hardly something I absolutely need to get stuff done. Plus I'm very quick to bounce because I'm that confident in what I'm doing. Moving two or more faders or em, volumes (?) at once, I haven't noticed until now because I use a hardware controller for that, for the most part. It is odd that's missing.

So you see, perhaps it's not my "elementary use of the software" but rather my ability to work with and or around any challenge in the software.

Thanks for the laugh. It's been real. :lol:
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 am

Some of the items on your list I don't consider issues. Most of those are seemingly your preferred way of working.

I don't have a sluggish interface, the lack of GPU acceleration isn't noticeable on my computer. I don't have your layer editing problem either, I use it often as part of a workaround for the lack of quick comping. I'd like a Chase function, optional, but it's hardly something I absolutely need to get stuff done. Plus I'm very quick to bounce because I'm that confident in what I'm doing. Moving two or more faders or em, volumes (?) at once, I haven't noticed until now because I use a hardware controller for that, for the most part. It is odd that's missing.

So you see, perhaps it's not my "elementary use of the software" but rather my ability to work with and or around any challenge in the software.

I'm not sure if "butthurts" that "put a smile on your face" is the best way to welcome new Bitwig users. As much as I'm happy with Bitwig (don't see any GUI issues because I have low res display) I can see others' needs too

0degree wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:20 am

I'm not sure if "butthurts" that "put a smile on your face" is the best way to welcome new Bitwig users. As much as I'm happy with Bitwig (don't see any GUI issues because I have low res display) I can see others' needs too
It´s not the fact of having "needs" but the fact of education and courtesy...
It´s simply not good behaviour to start your first appearance in a manner like that...

Trancit wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am It´s not the fact of having "needs" but the fact of education and courtesy...
It´s simply not good behaviour to start your first appearance in a manner like that...
Just saying - there will be people ranting like everywhere else but I'm sure some of their problems are legit and some of them may already have some proper workarounds available.

Coinpurse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 amPeople may dislike what I am saying
nobody dislikes what you are saying... just that you are a condescending jerk while saying it.

Coinpurse wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:57 amI come from the design world and Photoshop always felt seamless and it never stood in my way when trying to complete a task.
Sounds like you never really pushed Photoshop then. I had many jobs from clients with huge files... PS would frequently crash under heavy workload. When the file size was extremely large, saving could take 30 minutes. It was a constant dance of should I save now or work a bit more and hope it doesn't crash.

All complex software has its issues, bugs, limits and poorly or incompletely implemented features.

0degree wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:20 am
things and such
When did I join the welcoming committee? Do I look welcoming to you? :clown:

Coinpurse has been around anyways. I remember Coinpurse because of the huge "laundry list of missing components that I consider fundamental to my personal workflow". Coinpurse went from "Bitwig is an exceptional program to work with" ("with that being said" attached) to "Bitwig 3 does not excite me" to "Awesome - looking forward to those improvements!" (seemingly in the context of understanding that Bitwig may start working on solutions to old problems after The Grid) to "Bitwig is still seriously flawed and it's actually quite embarrassing… yet the entire teams attention is focused on the beloved 'GRID' .. Glad they are working on the important features…. " so yeah, full on butthurt is pretty accurate imo.

+ the many assumptions, meh. :smack:

----------------------------------------------------

I'm just curious here, did Coinpurse buy Bitwig? If so, did Coinpurse not demo the program first? If those two questions are met with a yes, why would anyone buy a program understanding it's limitations if these perceived limitations are going to cause imminent biutthurt? IMO "people who make music professionally" would be wise to thoroughly vet tools before investing in them. Not doing so, major fail and you have only yourself to blame.

If Coinpurse didn't buy Bitwig, well then, that's another level of butthurt I'm not even going to pretend I'm nutty enough to understand. Coinpurse has "submitted over 32 tickets to the Bitwig team", and that was over 3 months ago.

Me: Hey neighbor, enjoying that new Mercedes?
Neighbor: Mercedes is actually quite embarrassing! Here's list of stuff Mercedes needs to meet my needs as a professional Mazda driver! I've submitted over 32 tickkets to the Mercedes team! They'll make me a Mazda yet!
Me: :nutter:
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 pm
When did I join the welcoming committee? Do I look welcoming to you? :clown:
Have you checked your KVR avatar recently? :hihi:

But ok, I see your point. I think it's sometimes hard to distinguish between real users with real issues vs imaginary ones

Return to “Bitwig”