2.5 Beta 7 out

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you guys immediately get the issues when closing & reopening Bitwig? I just tried a couple of test projects that previously were exhibiting this issue and they seem to be working fine now, which is strange, as I'm sure I struggled with blank GUIs yesterday on the same beta release (beta 6).

I have noticed that over the course of a long session it starts to take much longer for plugin windows to open, so I wonder whether this is related somehow.

could anyone upload a beta 5 and upload links? because you can not work on beta 6.

If you are working use 2.4.3 - Betas are just for bug testing so no real point rolling back
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 pm If you are working use 2.4.3 - Betas are just for bug testing so no real point rolling back
Plus Bitwig wants you using the latest. They don't get value from bug reports of older betas.

alexpen wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 am
aproject wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:37 am Beta 6: Errors when displaying plugins.
yes, already provided a bug report on Arturia CS-80: empty window with VST3, and display errros with VST2.

U-He plugins works fine though...
Is this GUI problem Apple only? Luckily I don't have this issue on Windows 10 so far. Also using Arturias V-Collection.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.5, Beta 7
Improvements

Add new plug-in hosting modes to sandbox plug-in manufacturers or to keep multiple instances of the same plug-in in the same sandbox
Update the plug-in preferences to make it clearer how the plug-in hosting modes work
macOS: some old VST plugins that have both Cocoa and Carbon GUI will now open windows with the more modern Cocoa GUI

Regression Fixes

macOS: some VST plug-in windows are empty or have shifted content

Change the title to 2.5 Beta 7 out? :D
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.5, Beta 7
Improvements

Add new plug-in hosting modes to sandbox plug-in manufacturers or to keep multiple instances of the same plug-in in the same sandbox
Update the plug-in preferences to make it clearer how the plug-in hosting modes work
macOS: some old VST plugins that have both Cocoa and Carbon GUI will now open windows with the more modern Cocoa GUI

Regression Fixes

macOS: some VST plug-in windows are empty or have shifted content

Change the title to 2.5 Beta 7 out? :D
Done :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

JHernandez wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm macOS: some old VST plugins that have both Cocoa and Carbon GUI will now open windows with the more modern Cocoa GUI
I was hoping this might fix the longstanding problems with many 32 bit plugins but it seems instead to have made things worse. Now I still have the bottom half of the Hypersonic GUI cutoff but also I can no longer move anything on the GUI with the mouse. Beginning to think Bitwig has given up on really supporting 32-bit plugins.

That's a lot of new changes in the VST section to introduce 7 beta's in! A new HiDPI Display modes and half a dozen ways of hosting VST's! :ud:

The new VST hosting option are welcome (I fiddled about and have had no issues on Windows but I don't run any 32 bit plugs) but the hiDPI options are a bit baffling, I tried several options with several VSTs and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:43 pm That's a lot of new changes in the VST section to introduce 7 beta's in! A new HiDPI Display modes and half a dozen ways of hosting VST's! :ud:

The new VST hosting option are welcome (I fiddled about and have had no issues on Windows but I don't run any 32 bit plugs) but the hiDPI options are a bit baffling, I tried several options with several VSTs and it doesn't seem to make any difference.
It works. Looks like it's all or nothing though. If you check stretch plugins that aren't dpi aware, it stretches everything.

Has anyone else messed with the hidpi settings?

With this release, using the built in script for ROLI Seaboard RISE, I no longer get CC messages from the keyboard. I get notes but no CC's. I've tried with Studio One and they work fine and midimonitor shows me the CC messages are not arriving at the track in Bitwig. Anyone else having any issues recording CC107, CC109 and CC111 using the midi sliders on the Seaboard?

Also, my pizmidi midimonitor (32 bit) plugin crashes now...

killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:56 pm With this release, using the built in script for ROLI Seaboard RISE, I no longer get CC messages from the keyboard. I get notes but no CC's. I've tried with Studio One and they work fine and midimonitor shows me the CC messages are not arriving at the track in Bitwig. Anyone else having any issues recording CC107, CC109 and CC111 using the midi sliders on the Seaboard?

Report it ASAP,Bitwig 2.5 can be out anytime.
beta@bitwig.com

newtobitwig wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:56 pm With this release, using the built in script for ROLI Seaboard RISE, I no longer get CC messages from the keyboard. I get notes but no CC's. I've tried with Studio One and they work fine and midimonitor shows me the CC messages are not arriving at the track in Bitwig. Anyone else having any issues recording CC107, CC109 and CC111 using the midi sliders on the Seaboard?

Report it ASAP,Bitwig 2.5 can be out anytime.
beta@bitwig.com
done...!

Beta 7 (on windows): When adding a new VST or VSTi, the GUI opens in the upper left corner, every time. In the middle of the screen would be better.

Return to “Bitwig”