2.5 Beta 7 out

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.5, Beta 6
New features
macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display
Improvements
New mappable shortcuts: "Turn On", "Turn Off" and "Toggle On / Off" to set the bypass state of selected devices
Plug-in windows better restore their position and size
Fixes
Plug-in window for Melodyne VST3 could only be opened once
When hosting plug-ins in the engine process, the engine could leak memory
Some VST3 plug-ins could crash when being deleted
Engine crash when connecting to projects that were saved with certain Browser states
Initial size of "Delete used files" dialog was too small
Regression Fixes
VST3 plug-ins could receive the wrong transport playback state flags (playing or recording)
MidiOut.sendMidi() control surface API was broken
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm New features
macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display
Finally!!! All it took was ableton announcing the feature :D

That is big.

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display
This was working on Windows - both for touch screens and touchpads - for ages already.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

where is vertical scroll zoom it's 2019 pfff

also when will bitwig remember the track size when duplicating a track,such small things make the daw look worse for me. I've emailed the team a couple of times and i always get the automated response saying "thanks for the feature request".
Please someone report to the devs on the beta email about these 2 issues: 1 Vertical Scroll Zoom 2 Remembering the track size(vertically ofc) when duplicating the track.
Here is the email and I'm reporting it too:
beta@bitwig.com

antic604 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm macOS: Pinch-zooming using trackpad for zooming in all timeline editors (including Arranger) and in the Sampler waveform display
This was working on Windows - both for touch screens and touchpads - for ages already.
Yeh, Ableton we’re playing catch up with Bitwig....it’s just a fix/addition for Mac users (I had never realised it wasn’t working for you guys),
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Beta 6: Errors when displaying plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjO1qRRyuWI

running on: Mojave, Mac Mini 2018 i7, Focusrite 2i4.
Last edited by aproject on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

aproject wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:37 am Beta 6: Errors when displaying plugins.
yes, already provided a bug report on Arturia CS-80: empty window with VST3, and display errros with VST2.

U-He plugins works fine though...

also getting problems with displaying synths , will report

VERY happy about the togggle bypass key command though!!! :-)

I had issues with VST3 GUIs not showing in beta 5, have sent some reports in, fingers crossed they sort it for next release!

Also reported. I've got answer that GUI problems will be fixed in the next Beta. Keep calm 8)

Enrize wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm Also reported. I've got answer that GUI problems will be fixed in the next Beta. Keep calm 8)
That's a relief! I sent in a couple of reports yesterday but saw Nick said on the FB group today they haven't received any reports of rendering issues for VSTs so not sure whether they missed mine or what :ud:

Noticed some random GUI issues with UAD plugins as well. Hopefully the fix is right around the corner.

Same GUI issues with Voltage Modular vst2/vst3 and Shaperbox by Cableguys.

Return to “Bitwig”