BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zengel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm Another startup nation way of self-multi-auto-congratulation . But this time with 10 steps ahead on the chessboard to REALLY satisfy everyone. simplified : another men in the middle.
Don't forget to congratulate yourself - that might be the only occasion for you to hold a hand of someone as eloquent and intellectually developed as yourself.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

This Thread is Great Lamo.

Their Christmas Update wasn't released until MARCH. Thats Ridiculous...
They still Have not given us any update on this Beta that was supposed to be released a week ago. Oh But new users get a Waves Reverb, Radical!

I want to love Bitwig, It's a fantastic program but I wised up over the last year, theres something completely Incompetent about this model that has pushed me away from them and Back to Live, who sealed me in with this Amazing 10.1 Update.

The Same 10.1 thats gonna be free when it's released. F R E E :P
Not 169$ if the official release gets delayed a bit and passes my Subscription range.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:12 pm (most of) people disappointed with it are those who use it wrong, e.g. buy future feature-set, instead of what is currently available;
"You'Re JuSt BuYinG It WrONg GuYs"

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59 pm
shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am You're right, they're not obligated to communicate with anybody
Good, now we have been able to ascertain that fact, let's move on. :tu:

(BTW I hate having to read quasi marketing mumbo-jumbo Bitwig doesn't have live by)
Your inability to understand fundamental customer service practices in business doesn't make it "mumbo-jumbo". If you don't think that a company has a responsibility to keep customers happy and that customer satisfaction is more important than it ever has been, then whatever industry you're in is probably going to get disrupted in the next 3 years.
antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:12 pmAll true, but:
a) Bitwig isn't obliged to do a open beta testing, it's a privilege very rarely available to users,
b) AFAIK it was promised "few weeks after NAMM" and technically we're still in that time period,
c) any sane person can see they've been working very hard on 2.5.0 release and now on 2.5.1 and no one should expect them running two betas at once,
d) people blow the issue out of proportion - it's not like their livelihood or ability to create music depend on v3.0 (beta or not) being released on time,
e) payment model was discussed to death and (most of) people disappointed with it are those who use it wrong, e.g. buy future feature-set, instead of what is currently available; the rest simply complain because they have to pay for stuff

And, what's "CX industry" :?
a) True, but Bitwig set the expectation to their customer base that they should reasonably expect that they could beta test 3.0 at a certain time, ergo it's on them to either fulfill that expectation or explain to their customers why they can't. They've done neither, that's the problem.

b) A person representing their organisation at NAMM stated that their hope was go live into open beta two to three weeks after the convention was over. Like I said previously, they implicitly set an expectation that they've failed to meet. Again, I'm not saying that the delay isn't reasonable, but their failure to communicate with their customers after failing to meet an expectation that they set (intentionally or not, it doesn't matter) is bad practice.

c) A customer should never be put into a position where they have to assume what is reasonable from the company after the company sets an expectation. It doesn't matter why a company fails to meet an expectation, all that matters is the expectation isn't met, and at that point it is absolutely on them to explain themselves or risk annoying customers in a crowded marketplace.

d) This has nothing to do with anything. This is about the company failing to meet an expectation that they've set and failing to communicate.

e) Given the amount of people that are angry about the payment model, it suggests that Bitwig has neither done a good enough job of explaining it, or demonstrated why it is a better model for the customer when compared to the rest of the marketplace.

CX is short for Customer Experience.

End of the day, I don't care how you feel or don't feel about the beta. For me personally, the easily fixable, dumb comms strategy annoys me because dealing with that kind of shit is my job, but ultimately it's no skin off my nose if there's a delay on the beta.

The only reason I even posted in the first place is because that other dumbass was being a dick to people for doing things that the company's behaviour has directly led to, and nobody deserves that.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:14 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:12 pm (most of) people disappointed with it are those who use it wrong, e.g. buy future feature-set, instead of what is currently available;
"You'Re JuSt BuYinG It WrONg GuYs"
Bingo! :hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 amBitwig implicitly set an expectation of the beta release date and they didn't hit it. I'm sure there are good reasons for it, but failing to communicate what is going on is bad business
It's not bad business... it doesn't make any difference whatsoever if they say something or not. If the beta shows up on say May 5th, then that is when it shows up. It wont have arrived any sooner or later if they say or don't say something. And if v3 is awesome, then most users will be happy. There will be some percentage who care more about their own egos than the actual software and will go on complaining because they were not able to force Bitwig to do what they wanted.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:37 pm There will be some percentage who care more about their own (WALLETS) than the actual software and will go on complaining because they were not able to force Bitwig to do what they wanted.
Fixed

And yes, It's bad business.
Im not even a genius with this stuff, But I did take A Single College Elective class on Business and Market and this is without a doubt not what one would recommend as a model. Especially when your Behind in the Industry as far as market share...
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A Bitwig is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to." ~ Gandalf, Techno Wizard

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pma) True, but Bitwig set the expectation to their customer base that they should reasonably expect that they could beta test 3.0 at a certain time, ergo it's on them to either fulfill that expectation or explain to their customers why they can't. They've done neither, that's the problem.
There is no problem... the closest thing to a problem are idiots like you who look for problems so they have something to act superior about and tell the people who are actually doing something interesting how to do it. What a huge ego trip.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:43 pm
shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pma) True, but Bitwig set the expectation to their customer base that they should reasonably expect that they could beta test 3.0 at a certain time, ergo it's on them to either fulfill that expectation or explain to their customers why they can't. They've done neither, that's the problem.
idiots like you who look for problems
Doesn't take too long.

In my opinion, for some stuff, Bitwig is the greatest DAW until today, but we have the right to complain. Nothing personal. About the upgrade PLAN, I don't like it, they should give you at least 3 upgrades after you got a license.
Last edited by Ollerbytes on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 pm
zengel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:35 pm Another startup nation way of self-multi-auto-congratulation . But this time with 10 steps ahead on the chessboard to REALLY satisfy everyone. simplified : another men in the middle.
Don't forget to congratulate yourself - that might be the only occasion for you to hold a hand of someone as eloquent and intellectually developed as yourself.
I Don' have problem with CX industry and i just gave my opinion about it. It's all about opinion here .even unrespectful as your. And i really don't care :)

I like Bitwig but trying to be to a defense lawyer on payroll for BWS every single time it’s too personal.

Some complaints are legit some are silly, so what.

The big boys are capable of defending themselves if they were interested.

They are not.

I rather have them focusing on development.
Barking dogs don’t bite.
Take it easy.,,
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm e) Given the amount of people that are angry about the payment model, it suggests that Bitwig has neither done a good enough job of explaining it, or demonstrated why it is a better model for the customer when compared to the rest of the marketplace.
This model might be just the only choice they have right now. It really is hard to set a price and expectation of what this might include beyond current release and possible bugfixes (if they're found). The 'free upgrades till major release' is even shadier strategy in my opinion, since version numbers can be used however they like and that still usually doesn't include any transparent roadmap. It's hard to gauge time and effort for certain feature sets from developers perspective as well. So this 'subscription' model to me seems kind of like Patreon way of doing things and I don't mind it. But as you said, the lack of feedback will likely hurt them in long term, at least it will hinder the growth for the company.

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm e) Given the amount of people that are angry about the payment model, it suggests that Bitwig has neither done a good enough job of explaining it, or demonstrated why it is a better model for the customer when compared to the rest of the marketplace.
There are a small number of loud voices who complain about the payment model... just as there are money complaints in every forum. I cannot count the number of complaints about upgrade pricing in the Live forum over the years.

And really, nobody is complaining about the pricing model... If the annual upgrade cost was $10, nobody would mention the model itself. They are complaining about the price and focusing on the pricing model is just their way to do it. You can be 100% certain that if Bitwig did the usual upgrade method and released an upgrade every year for $169 there would not be one fewer complaint.

Return to “Bitwig”