BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 amtheir own forum

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=420129
The purpose of this forum is to offer our users a place to discuss everything related to Bitwig Studio, such as general usage, tips and tricks, bugs, features and feature wishes with other users.

As this place is intended for discussions and user interaction, it is not the right place to submit actual bug reports, questions or feature wishes to Bitwig's support and development team.

jarnold wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am Well yes, but people seem to want communication...
they want their ego stroked...

I want Bitwig v3 to be a freaking f*** killer DAW. And I can wait. Each week we give them, we can make sure they deliver good quality and not push some crap out. And I bet they'll come up with some surprise for us... In the meantime I try to make music. You?
I understand that they had to deliver somthing for NAMM in order to be "present" and show that they are innovative. They are still the competitor that needs attention and tries to gain market share. That is marketing. What if they had not gone to NAMM?
What I really don't want is Bitwig hire a sales rep that is lurking in forums and whose sole purpose is to soothe impatient people. They should rather spend the money for the devs, the quality and the features. So be wise with what you want.
---
Latest track done in Bitwig and with Surge Synth as the only VSTi: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=523655

odz wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:10 pm

The purpose of this forum is to offer our users a place to discuss everything related to Bitwig Studio, such as general usage, tips and tricks, bugs, features and feature wishes with other users.

As this place is intended for discussions and user interaction, it is not the right place to submit actual bug reports, questions or feature wishes to Bitwig's support and development team.
I am talking about Avid. Not Bitwig. And with Avid it turns out that they have a serious problem with HDX that delays the release and I think that deserves a mention in their forum. Especially if it is explained elsewhere.

As for Bitwig, I am OK whenever they release it as long as it is solid. And I do not say they should tell what is going on. It is obvious that it is delayed. That is all that matters. I am happy with 2.5

There may be no obligation to communicate but in a general sense... communication is often valued and the key to many "relationships" be they personal or business in nature. Regardless... the development in 2.5 is steady and in fairness to Bitwig... each update and bugfix is genuine progress toward the 3.0 release. An argument can be made that talk is cheap and Bitwig is deciding instead to deliver physical updates during their 2.5 beta run. I can live with that. A mindset of give it to me "right" instead of "right now" is probably the key to a more stable release(s) in the long run.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:59 pm they want their ego stroked...
please talk for yourself about who needs what. this is getting ridiculous, no one here is demanding anything from Bitwig (in part because it's pointless to do it here anyway). People just voicing opinion that communicating with users/clients about delays is a better practice than leaving them in the dark after given ETA have passed. It's just a little piece of feedback to take into consideration (or ignore).

We all know that 2.5.1 isn't getting an easy quick release, that's why 3 beta can't get rolled out anytime sooner than current version is polished and beta is properly prepared. So I porpose that we stop beating the dead horse already.

x.iso wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 amPeople just voicing opinion that communicating with users/clients about delays is a better practice than leaving them in the dark after given ETA have passed.
please talk for yourself about who needs what

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:04 pm

I am talking about Avid. Not Bitwig.
Oops, my apologies.

odz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 am
andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:04 pm

I am talking about Avid. Not Bitwig.
Oops, my apologies.
No worries :tu:

4 day Easter Holiday in the UK from tomorrow (Good Friday/Easter Monday) so fingers 'crossed' for a Beta 3 ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They seem to have this end-of-the-month thingie going on, hope they make it this month. :p

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:57 pm... It is not any of your business whatsoever. Bitwig is free to communicate as much or as little as they wish. They have no obligation to hold your hand, comfort you when you have some poor little feelings or do what you want them to do.

They have no obligation whatsoever to inform you about what they are doing or the details of why something took longer than expected. It is obvious anyway and really what people want is their egos stroked and to feel like they are important. It's just self centered BS.
As a guy who works in the CX industry, I feel pretty comfortable telling you that you have no idea what you're talking about and that your attitude is completely out of step with the way modern business works.

The idea that anyone would imply that the direction of a platform isn't the business of anyone that is paying for that platform is ridiculous, to outright state it is borderline moronic. You're right, they're not obligated to communicate with anybody, but when you set an expectation (implicitly or explicitly) and you don't meet it, it's basic CX practice to communicate with your customer base to let them understand what is going on and to keep them onside because the alternative creates negative sentiment that has real potential to hurt future sales.

Bitwig are a challenger brand in a crowded marketplace with a revenue model that is completely dependent on recurrent user expenditure. Is the product good? Definitely, but even a cursory glance at this forum and the Facebook group show a pretty significant undercurrent of customer dissatisfaction about the pricing model. Given that the pricing model very clearly has a time element attached to it, it's completely predictable that people want as much information as possible about release dates so that they can make an informed decision on when to make their next / first purchase.

Bitwig implicitly set an expectation of the beta release date and they didn't hit it. I'm sure there are good reasons for it, but failing to communicate what is going on is bad business and doesn't help anybody, especially given how easy it is to communicate with your customers in 2019. A single paragraph setting new expectations with a small explanation as to why things have changed on a social media platform would take at most an hour to draft and seconds to type, and it would stop almost all vitriol entirely.

To say that expecting a basic level of communication from a company in regards to a product you've paid for is an "ego stroke" or "self centered" is beyond stupid. I can understand making an argument that people should be respectful of the Bitwig team's time, or to have faith that they'll deliver eventually, but attacking people helps nobody and makes you look like an idiot.

Pull your head out of your ass. The company doesn't need you to cape for them.

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am You're right, they're not obligated to communicate with anybody
Good, now we have been able to ascertain that fact, let's move on. :tu:

(BTW I hate having to read quasi marketing mumbo-jumbo Bitwig doesn't have live by)

shaboogen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 amBitwig implicitly set an expectation of the beta release date and they didn't hit it. I'm sure there are good reasons for it, but failing to communicate what is going on is bad business and doesn't help anybody, especially given how easy it is to communicate with your customers in 2019. A single paragraph setting new expectations with a small explanation as to why things have changed on a social media platform would take at most an hour to draft and seconds to type, and it would stop almost all vitriol entirely.
All true, but:
a) Bitwig isn't obliged to do a open beta testing, it's a privilege very rarely available to users,
b) AFAIK it was promised "few weeks after NAMM" and technically we're still in that time period,
c) any sane person can see they've been working very hard on 2.5.0 release and now on 2.5.1 and no one should expect them running two betas at once,
d) people blow the issue out of proportion - it's not like their livelihood or ability to create music depend on v3.0 (beta or not) being released on time,
e) payment model was discussed to death and (most of) people disappointed with it are those who use it wrong, e.g. buy future feature-set, instead of what is currently available; the rest simply complain because they have to pay for stuff

And, what's "CX industry" :?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Another startup nation way of self-multi-auto-congratulation . But this time with 10 steps ahead on the chessboard to REALLY satisfy everyone. simplified : another men in the middle.

Return to “Bitwig”