BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I won't argue that it is their obligation to coddle my snowflake arse but I will assert that more communication in the form of an occasional web update would be appreciated. Nothing wrong with that ask.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:57 pm It is not any of your business whatsoever. Bitwig is free to communicate as much or as little as they wish. They have no obligation to hold your hand, comfort you when you have some poor little feelings or do what you want them to do.

They have no obligation whatsoever to inform you about what they are doing or the details of why something took longer than expected. It is obvious anyway and really what people want is their egos stroked and to feel like they are important. It's just self centered BS.

x.iso wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 am No, you're mistaken. You're paying for the features you get immediately after payment and you get 12 months of updates 'extra'. How is that different from getting e.g. Live 10 - do you buy it because you're expecting certain things to be added before 11 comes out? They might not add anything, it might take them (again) 4-5 years, etc.

Just change your mindset - pay for what you get now. If the thing you want was only promised to be delivered in the future, don't pay yet.
Oh come on, if it states that you get current version and any upgrade within a year from purchase, then naturally it's a value that is added into consideration when buying a license.
I still disagree. There are two states:
- you Bitwig to make music right now and it does what you need; if v3 (or whatever) comes in 12 months it's a bonus for you,
- you can't work in Bitwig until it reaches v3, so you hold off with my purchase until it's released

You somehow put yourself in between those states, getting pissed off because v3 isn't there yet and v2.5 apparently isn't enough. There's no written contract between you & Bitwig that you'll get beta few weeks after NAMM or that full v3 will be out in Q2 - it's just their road-map, they'll try to adhere to.

That's why I say - buy what is immediately available and treat everything else as a bonus. Like with everything else in life, how you think about it determines how you feel.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm I still disagree. There are two states:
- you Bitwig to make music right now and it does what you need; if v3 (or whatever) comes in 12 months it's a bonus for you,
- you can't work in Bitwig until it reaches v3, so you hold off with my purchase until it's released

You somehow put yourself in between those states, getting pissed off because v3 isn't there yet and v2.5 apparently isn't enough. There's no written contract between you & Bitwig that you'll get beta few weeks after NAMM or that full v3 will be out in Q2 - it's just their road-map, they'll try to adhere to.

That's why I say - buy what is immediately available and treat everything else as a bonus. Like with everything else in life, how you think about it determines how you feel.
When you buy the license it says: "Includes 12 months of free upgrades." So when you read that upgrade ETA is Q2, there's nothing wrong in assumming that when you buy it around Q2 you should get version 3 even taking into account possible reasonable delays. Currently we have what I'd call reasonable delays, but not reasonable communication about it.

For me Bitwig as it is now is good for many things and I can start with my projects while waiting for v3, but I'll need the features of Grid to complete my setup. At least it would simplify a lot of things for me.

Personally I'm not blaming them for delaying or not meeting expected release date, it's just that if it were to go on like this for a year without any notification, then Bitwig as a company would just loose trust of many existing and potentional users. And no one wants that.

Soon™

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm I won't argue that it is their obligation to coddle my snowflake arse but I will assert that more communication in the form of an occasional web update would be appreciated. Nothing wrong with that ask.
I agree, nothing wrong with asking... but lots of people don't ask, they insult, demean, complain, criticize and blame... trying to make someone do what you want and asking are very different things.

Think it is some sort of wierd principle of pre-excitement of oopsy-delay symptoms I am having, a Santa thing or something inmature like that, i''m guilty I think, I felt the videos :P
Don't think the devs are mue-hehe'ing excactly about it and I hope it will get beta in normal way, not slap us with it, HERE! and *pft* :D

Excellent, fantastic, you may sjadapp now SchmajjL.. :P

I hope it takes two years, meanwhile they can take care of some of this stuff: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=499400&hilit=poll

:hihi:
-JH

Companies are weird. in Avid Protools forum, people rant every day about the delay of Protools 2019 and getting no information. And no one from Avid replies for months. But then you see a rep. give an interview elsewhere and explain what went wrong and what is going on, when will it be out etc.

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 am Companies are weird. in Avid Protools forum, people rant every day about the delay of Protools 2019 and getting no information. And no one from Avid replies for months. But then you see a rep. give an interview elsewhere and explain what went wrong and what is going on, when will it be out etc.
Maybe some most people (on forums) are weird, thinking buying a copy grants them more than just the right to use it.

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am
andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 am Companies are weird. in Avid Protools forum, people rant every day about the delay of Protools 2019 and getting no information. And no one from Avid replies for months. But then you see a rep. give an interview elsewhere and explain what went wrong and what is going on, when will it be out etc.
Maybe some most people (on forums) are weird, thinking buying a copy grants them more than just the right to use it.
That is also weird but not giving information to customers about the delay on their own forum but explaining it to another party on another site is also strange. They could at least put a link to it for people to see what is going on.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:57 pm
fwsuperhero wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:46 pm
Yup, but...
still it does not seem right to me...
This statement is exactly the problem... there is nothing right or wrong about it. It is not any of your business whatsoever. Bitwig is free to communicate as much or as little as they wish. They have no obligation to hold your hand, comfort you when you have some poor little feelings or do what you want them to do.

They have no obligation whatsoever to inform you about what they are doing or the details of why something took longer than expected. It is obvious anyway and really what people want is their egos stroked and to feel like they are important. It's just self centered BS.
This Is not about egos, it is about marketing. Your argument can ne aplied to politics, healthcare etc. But i am glad that There are people who know the value of informations...

I think it's easy enough to frame a post with some vague language to appease and inform without making any real promises.

"Dear Users, we're working away at Bitwig 3 and a Beta candidate isn't too far away. Thanks for your patience, we are sure it's worth it!"
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

That’s sorta implied, don’t you think?

Well yes, but people seem to want communication...
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

andypryce wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 am
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am
That is also weird but not giving information to customers about the delay on their own forum but explaining it to another party on another site is also strange. They could at least put a link to it for people to see what is going on.
nah I'm with pdxindy on this one:
pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:57 pm ... Bitwig is free to communicate as much or as little as they wish. ...

They have no obligation whatsoever to inform you about what they are doing or the details of why something took longer than expected. ...

Return to “Bitwig”