BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm I'm not going to explain the car example, it is so obvious, sorry.

You're right, I shouldn't have used those terms, sorry to the people that use internal devices and are not "cheapskates" or "fanboys".
Although it's not different from the use of words like "laughably entitled" or "patently ridiculous" or "a farce this bunch of words" or "troll", but the amount of aggression directed at deviating opinions is disturbing in here. If you're not a professional poster like some people, you botch trying to ward off this weirdly used negative energy trying to protect the favorite toy, which is just a product, a brand actually where you have to pay for. Not a magical charitable entity made to kill all evil.

Slic is right, it is stupendously ridiculous, if you write something here that is on topic but it isn't conform the mainstream KVR>BWS reading, it ends like "why don't you stop using it?" Or "he says things I don't want to hear, it is a troll". Whatever...

There is a larger group of BWS users outside KVR that isn't as loud and is as legit as any group.
As a long term, daily user I have all the right to criticize any developing direction.
I also have the right to declare to be disappointed about the hypes being created and the actual usefulness of those hyped implemented native instruments, like the countless variations of the variations of the devices which mostly do the same (easily fitting in a few devices) or the just above mediocre quality of the instruments. Now again, this Grid doesn't seem to be an open environment, it seems to be a native, tuned down, version of alternatives like reaktor, cherry or vcv, or even fathom and the like, nice if you like closed environments, but a Point Release of a DAW?

Doing this in a forum is clumsy, agreed, but if anyone fears or has the feeling there is a chance BWS dev's are only listening to a small group of one certain type of users, it is ones obligation to let certain things know in these channels so easily usable for certain pool formations.
Possible proof for this fear is in the big amount of "request to BWS lists" out there and the small amount of implementation of those list items in releases. I know, I know, Bitwig can do what it wants, and it isn't that glamorous, true, but that's not the point. The point is, when you use a DAW, daily, to produce music for all kinds of purposes, you need it to be stable, on edge, anticipating new developments, uses of smart inventions, IOW on top of possibilities and not _only_ in the field of old fashioned modulating parameters.
I think the BWS DAW was brilliant, but it backslid into some sort of a scratchpad next to my other DAWs slowly, only implementing some things that were long overdue (elastique and multi MIDI) some so so VSTi's (especially so so, if you are already have too many great ones), and a lot of (a lot!) fixes and improvements, but not much on the DAW itself. I really think that is a shame and like this post, a waste of time.
Why don’t you stop using it?

UltraSniffy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 am
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm I'm not going to explain the car example, it is so obvious, sorry.

You're right, I shouldn't have used those terms, sorry to the people that use internal devices and are not "cheapskates" or "fanboys".
Although it's not different from the use of words like "laughably entitled" or "patently ridiculous" or "a farce this bunch of words" or "troll", but the amount of aggression directed at deviating opinions is disturbing in here. If you're not a professional poster like some people, you botch trying to ward off this weirdly used negative energy trying to protect the favorite toy, which is just a product, a brand actually where you have to pay for. Not a magical charitable entity made to kill all evil.

Slic is right, it is stupendously ridiculous, if you write something here that is on topic but it isn't conform the mainstream KVR>BWS reading, it ends like "why don't you stop using it?" Or "he says things I don't want to hear, it is a troll". Whatever...

There is a larger group of BWS users outside KVR that isn't as loud and is as legit as any group.
As a long term, daily user I have all the right to criticize any developing direction.
I also have the right to declare to be disappointed about the hypes being created and the actual usefulness of those hyped implemented native instruments, like the countless variations of the variations of the devices which mostly do the same (easily fitting in a few devices) or the just above mediocre quality of the instruments. Now again, this Grid doesn't seem to be an open environment, it seems to be a native, tuned down, version of alternatives like reaktor, cherry or vcv, or even fathom and the like, nice if you like closed environments, but a Point Release of a DAW?

Doing this in a forum is clumsy, agreed, but if anyone fears or has the feeling there is a chance BWS dev's are only listening to a small group of one certain type of users, it is ones obligation to let certain things know in these channels so easily usable for certain pool formations.
Possible proof for this fear is in the big amount of "request to BWS lists" out there and the small amount of implementation of those list items in releases. I know, I know, Bitwig can do what it wants, and it isn't that glamorous, true, but that's not the point. The point is, when you use a DAW, daily, to produce music for all kinds of purposes, you need it to be stable, on edge, anticipating new developments, uses of smart inventions, IOW on top of possibilities and not _only_ in the field of old fashioned modulating parameters.
I think the BWS DAW was brilliant, but it backslid into some sort of a scratchpad next to my other DAWs slowly, only implementing some things that were long overdue (elastique and multi MIDI) some so so VSTi's (especially so so, if you are already have too many great ones), and a lot of (a lot!) fixes and improvements, but not much on the DAW itself. I really think that is a shame and like this post, a waste of time.
Why don’t you stop using it?
Yeah, switch DAW instead of bickering about something you do not like.

Bitwig 3 looks like the dog's bollocks, I'm chuffed! Image

has somebody tried DP10 worth to check it ?
http://motu.com/download
downloading now ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:32 pm has somebody tried DP10 worth to check it ?
http://motu.com/download
downloading now ...
Downloading the demo now. Will let you know what I think in a couple of hours.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Anyone check out Amy's Kitchen? Throwing some in the microwave right now.
-JH

DP10 WIN10, plugin detection VST2 ... crash (all the VPS), started with VST3 with skip, downloading demo ... starting it crash, changing audio ... crash, clicking on a track crash ... gonna try the 10.1 again :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Downloaded the DP10 demo. And still too complicated to get going. I wrote tunes at first run with almost all DAWs without first checking the manual but this one is really hard to grasp.Def need to read the manual beforehand. Im sure it has great strengths but If I am not wrong, no way to audition files in new content browser while the playback is running??

Seems Bİtwig going for the ''A sound designer/instrument builder'' dream road with an OK DAW on the side. Which is fine. We need that too. It is a joy to use. And Live is going for the workflow lately. Live seems closer to a traditional linear DAW with recent updates.
With BWS 3 and Live 10.1 the paths seem to start separating. They both are getting great.

andypryce wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 pm Downloaded the DP10 demo. And still too complicated to get going. I wrote tunes at first run with almost all DAWs without first checking the manual but this one is really hard to grasp.Def need to read the manual beforehand. Im sure it has great strengths but If I am not wrong, no way to audition files in new content browser while the playback is running??
I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. I own up to date versions of Cubase Pro, Live, Studio One, Reason, and Bitwig 1.x. I must say DP 10 is definitely the most complicated DAW I've ever demoed. Too many tabs with too many options to sift through.

Currently, my favorite and most used DAW is Live 10 with Bitwig coming in at a close second. I'm still debating whether to upgrade my Bitwig license now in preparation for v3. I'm currently demoing v2.4 and I'm not fully convince it could replace the workflow I've gotten accustomed to with Live. I do like Bitwig's GUI more but one thing I would sorely miss in Live is how easy it is to warp full songs and create live DJ sets.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm one thing I would sorely miss in Live is how easy it is to warp full songs and create live DJ sets.
Yes. This is my biggest complain about Bitwig too. Compared to other daws and especially Ableton, Bitwigs Beat-Detection and Timestretch is complicated and tedious to use. I'm also Djing with ableton and would love to switch to bitwig if this gets adressed.

JHernandez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 pm Anyone check out Amy's Kitchen? Throwing some in the microwave right now.
Random, dude. :hihi:

...Amy's Kitchen used to have a plant in the same business park area where I work. They opened a local Amy's Kitchen fast food restaurant with a drive-thru recently, the milkshakes are the bomb.

T71 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 am
JHernandez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 pm Anyone check out Amy's Kitchen? Throwing some in the microwave right now.

...Amy's Kitchen used to have a plant in the same business park area where I work. They opened a local Amy's Kitchen fast food restaurant with a drive-thru recently, the milkshakes are the bomb.
I figure if I can't beat them, I'll join them. :D

That sounds delicious. I don't usually do microwave meals, or fast food or any kind, but man this Harvest Casserole Bowl thing is good. Tomorrow I'm going to give the Tofu Scramble a try, a friend nuked that up today and it smelled really good. Amy's is my new favorite oh darn I haven't cooked quick meal solution. :hyper: If only they would open up a fast food spot near me.
-JH

summer2000 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:42 pm
andypryce wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 pm Downloaded the DP10 demo. And still too complicated to get going. I wrote tunes at first run with almost all DAWs without first checking the manual but this one is really hard to grasp.Def need to read the manual beforehand. Im sure it has great strengths but If I am not wrong, no way to audition files in new content browser while the playback is running??
I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. I own up to date versions of Cubase Pro, Live, Studio One, Reason, and Bitwig 1.x. I must say DP 10 is definitely the most complicated DAW I've ever demoed. Too many tabs with too many options to sift through.

Currently, my favorite and most used DAW is Live 10 with Bitwig coming in at a close second. I'm still debating whether to upgrade my Bitwig license now in preparation for v3. I'm currently demoing v2.4 and I'm not fully convince it could replace the workflow I've gotten accustomed to with Live. I do like Bitwig's GUI more but one thing I would sorely miss in Live is how easy it is to warp full songs and create live DJ sets.
Similar here. Though I almost always use Studio One for more traditional production and mixing. Live with Push2 for Beats/Electronic and Bitwig for the inspiration and unexpected :)

JHernandez wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 am
T71 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 am

I figure if I can't beat them, I'll join them. :D

That sounds delicious. I don't usually do microwave meals, or fast food or any kind, but man this Harvest Casserole Bowl thing is good. Tomorrow I'm going to give the Tofu Scramble a try, a friend nuked that up today and it smelled really good. Amy's is my new favorite oh darn I haven't cooked quick meal solution. :hyper: If only they would open up a fast food spot near me.
:D

The Tofu Scramble is legit. I recommend ketchup.

Also, they make the best frozen cheese enchiladas, ever. :love:

Return to “Bitwig”