BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 pm I wonder if we get as many "speculation" pages as with the Massive X thread until it arrives... Still need a working 2.5 beta, they broke MPE (again(partially)) with beta 4...
Ah, maybe this is something to do with the problem I am seeing today?

I got the Repro offer, fired up bitwig beta 2 and had to update to beta 4. Set the MPE stuff up, pitchbend works but mod wheel and expression don't.

I just closed it down thinking along my normal line of "why us MPE so bloody hard in bitwig", fired up logic and everything was fine.

Is this the issue with beta 4?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

MPE in version 2.4 is fine, stick with the official release, betas always have a risk...

Good point, not really sure why I was running beta 2!
Bitwig, against the constitution.

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 amso "I use Phase-4 therefore it's not worthless, although I can get better quality elsewhere, cheaper" is better?
weird twist... :dog:
I wasn't saying that, and besides that, it's not even the point. The point here is that implying that things you don't use aren't worth developer time is not just laughably entitled, it's patently ridiculous.

I don't use, and will likely never use MIDI comping because I enter my MIDI through the piano roll. Does that give me the right to implicitly demand that nobody spends any time on implementing it?

I can't wait to test The Grid :hyper:

But please, could you add a little improvement to v3?
...it isn't anything special but imho it is improving workflow a little bit:

When selecting some tracks, right-click and "Add Group", it would be great if the selected tracks are automatically moved into the group. :tu:

zabuAiO wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am When selecting some tracks, right-click and "Add Group", it would be great if the selected tracks are automatically moved into the group. :tu:
Will fix that for you and bitwig team:
use Ctrl+G to group selected tracks instead of Add Group, which works as expected.

İs there any info yet about what else is implemented in V3 other than grid?

bolba wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
zabuAiO wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am When selecting some tracks, right-click and "Add Group", it would be great if the selected tracks are automatically moved into the group. :tu:
use Ctrl+G to group selected tracks instead of Add Group, which works as expected.
Or (and I will not be so pompous to pretend to fix anything) you could select some tracks, right-click and look a bit lower in the pop-up and select "Group".

andypryce wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm İs there any info yet about what else is implemented in V3 other than grid?
They are simultaneous working on 2.5 so it seems, there mostly improvements and fixes.

bolba wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Well... :dog:
Thank you @bolba and @SpaceCadetOnLeave ! :wink:

shaboogen wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:05 am Does that give me the right to implicitly demand that nobody spends any time on implementing it?
Yes of course! You are the customer, paying for the whole bloody thing. If you bought a car and you see they develop a second steering wheel in the back seat in the new version, nobody (other than some cheapskates and fanboy's) will use, you have all the right in the world to tell what you think about it, ultimately stopping with "The Plan".
Especially when the brakes needs so much fixing to keep up with the other brands.

btw the use of "laughably entitled" or "patently ridiculous" is so not necessary and indicating things more than you want.

andypryce wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 pm İs there any info yet about what else is implemented in V3 other than grid?
Not yet... It was mentioned in one NAMM video that there are few other things but no info as of yet.

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:17 pmYes of course! You are the customer, paying for the whole bloody thing. If you bought a car and you see they develop a second steering wheel in the back seat in the new version, nobody (other than some cheapskates and fanboy's) will use, you have all the right in the world to tell what you think about it, ultimately stopping with "The Plan".
Especially when the brakes needs so much fixing to keep up with the other brands.

btw the use of "laughably entitled" or "patently ridiculous" is so not necessary and indicating things more than you want.
Jesus, what a farce this bunch of words is.

In your scenario, why didn't you test drive the car before buying it? Sounds like the car never performed the way you wanted it to, so why did you actually spend money on it? As for the steering wheel in the back seat, how does it actually affect how you drive the car right now? Who are you to pass judgement on those that use that feature for any reason? Moreover, if other cars that already existed had brake performance that was more in line with your expectations, why didn't you buy one of those? If you made a purchase that didn't fit your needs, that is your fault and no-one else's, don't blame the company or the product as there's ample evidence that other people are completely fine with it.

You're right, you can make all the demands you want as a customer, but being a dick about it and calling people that use internal devices "cheapskates" or "fanboys" says far less about Bitwig's priorities than it does about your own inadequacies.

And no, the language I choose to use says exactly as much as I want it to.

Another thread turning to nonsense and bickering.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

shaboogen wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 am
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:17 pmYes of course! You are the customer, paying for the whole bloody thing. If you bought a car and you see they develop a second steering wheel in the back seat in the new version, nobody (other than some cheapskates and fanboy's) will use, you have all the right in the world to tell what you think about it, ultimately stopping with "The Plan".

Jesus, what a farce this bunch of words is.

In your scenario, why didn't you test drive the car before buying it? Sounds like the car never performed the way you wanted it to, so why did you actually spend money on it? As for the steering wheel in the back seat, how does it actually affect how you drive the car right now? Who are you to pass judgement on those that use that feature for any reason? Moreover, if other cars that already existed had brake performance that was more in line with your expectations, why didn't you buy one of those? If you made a purchase that didn't fit your needs, that is your fault and no-one else's, don't blame the company or the product as there's ample evidence that other people are completely fine with it.

You're right, you can make all the demands you want as a customer, but being a dick about it and calling people that use internal devices "cheapskates" or "fanboys" says far less about Bitwig's priorities than it does about your own inadequacies.

And no, the language I choose to use says exactly as much as I want it to.
I'm not going to explain the car example, it is so obvious, sorry.

You're right, I shouldn't have used those terms, sorry to the people that use internal devices and are not "cheapskates" or "fanboys".
Although it's not different from the use of words like "laughably entitled" or "patently ridiculous" or "a farce this bunch of words" or "troll", but the amount of aggression directed at deviating opinions is disturbing in here. If you're not a professional poster like some people, you botch trying to ward off this weirdly used negative energy trying to protect the favorite toy, which is just a product, a brand actually where you have to pay for. Not a magical charitable entity made to kill all evil.

Slic is right, it is stupendously ridiculous, if you write something here that is on topic but it isn't conform the mainstream KVR>BWS reading, it ends like "why don't you stop using it?" Or "he says things I don't want to hear, it is a troll". Whatever...

There is a larger group of BWS users outside KVR that isn't as loud and is as legit as any group.
As a long term, daily user I have all the right to criticize any developing direction.
I also have the right to declare to be disappointed about the hypes being created and the actual usefulness of those hyped implemented native instruments, like the countless variations of the variations of the devices which mostly do the same (easily fitting in a few devices) or the just above mediocre quality of the instruments. Now again, this Grid doesn't seem to be an open environment, it seems to be a native, tuned down, version of alternatives like reaktor, cherry or vcv, or even fathom and the like, nice if you like closed environments, but a Point Release of a DAW?

Doing this in a forum is clumsy, agreed, but if anyone fears or has the feeling there is a chance BWS dev's are only listening to a small group of one certain type of users, it is ones obligation to let certain things know in these channels so easily usable for certain pool formations.
Possible proof for this fear is in the big amount of "request to BWS lists" out there and the small amount of implementation of those list items in releases. I know, I know, Bitwig can do what it wants, and it isn't that glamorous, true, but that's not the point. The point is, when you use a DAW, daily, to produce music for all kinds of purposes, you need it to be stable, on edge, anticipating new developments, uses of smart inventions, IOW on top of possibilities and not _only_ in the field of old fashioned modulating parameters.
I think the BWS DAW was brilliant, but it backslid into some sort of a scratchpad next to my other DAWs slowly, only implementing some things that were long overdue (elastique and multi MIDI) some so so VSTi's (especially so so, if you are already have too many great ones), and a lot of (a lot!) fixes and improvements, but not much on the DAW itself. I really think that is a shame and like this post, a waste of time.

Return to “Bitwig”