BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stamp wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 amFrankly, how often does it happen to reuse the same automation shape more then 2/3 times in a track?
It really bugs me when people are viewing feature requests through their own workflow and music type. If you view automation only as a means to ride the volume fader, then sure.

But I for example do lots of small edits with automation. For example if I have a 4-bar bass line, I'll use automation to change the amp or filter envelope for certain notes, change oscillator mix here & there, pulse width, maybe add distortion occasionally, send specified riffs to FX, etc. Now if I use that 4 bars 50+ times in the arrangement but then don't like something, I need to hunt them all down and update accordingly.

So, please think outside of the box. I don't need audio comping or retrospective recording, but I vote for them every time because I see scenarios and use-cases when they're needed for others.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

newtobitwig wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm
xbitz wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:29 pm personally I'm simply using FL Studio as VST(just with the channel rack, luckily Image-Line added the independently loopable channels to FLS some time ago which was the only big missing part of it) in Bitwig, and have the best piano roll with the most usable DAW, case solved

not gonna wait for a proper PR in BWS for another 5 years for sure ...and AL with M4L is still a crashmashine checked it two weeks ago
Could you please desribe how you used FL Studio as VST just for the Piano roll? I mean i know how to use it as a vst but I have no clue about transferring midi files from FL to Bitwig[apart from the obvious export import method]]
should check the MIDI-out port of the VST (default 10) then just use the MIDI-Out plugins in the rack http://www.image-line.com/support/flstu ... %20Out.htm with that port number (10) with the needed channel, BWS gonna handle the different MIDI-channels nicely
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

pdxindy (the old arrogant whining nitwit telling other people what they can and what they can not do, altering their quotes) wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 pm My first thought was when I saw this Grid thing: hmmm nice but, shouldn't they first do some composing- and some MIDI- editing improvements first?
Really fixed.
After 14687 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 you should know by now how to treat your fellow man.

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 am It really bugs me when people are viewing feature requests through their own workflow and music type. If you view automation only as a means to ride the volume fader, then sure.
Don't worry. I'm not the person who decides what feature will or will not be implemented in Bitwig. I'm just expressing my opinions.

Maybe I simply comit earlier than you and don't need to go back and revisit stuff.

Different persons, different workflows and different opinions.

@spacecadet - lets try and drop it, it never ends well when personal attacks are involved, it often ends in a ban.

I am not sure what composing improvements are but Bitwig have don a ton of Midi improvements, obviously they can do more but there are a ton of users all looking for different things and it will be years (if ever) before the m=midi editing is as good as say Cubase....Bitwihg has top be 'different' to compete, it is in a bit of a niche and isn't trying to be the best all round DAW 9althoughb depending whjat tyou want, fo some it already is). If I was doing complex orchestral arranging or lots of audio multitracking of a band I would use a different DAW (Live is also not suitable for that type of work in my opinion and was never deigned for that).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

as I see the current progress of BWS the BWS elves want to create MIDI mutator devices which able to modify content of MIDI clips live (with modulators) but at least the MIDI chasing, free resizing, and listening back multiple MIDI notes should work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eU7yY8rVaE
(MIDI brush notes too but that one is not critical for me)

IMO :)

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 pm Just like I never use that phase-4 thing either, was "a big thing" also, taking away valuable development resources from essential parts of a DAW.
"I don't use Phase-4 therefore it's worthless" is a pretty stupid sentiment.

^^^ note sure, maybe they should be paid ones, like https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/sof ... in-for-you PR does it, if u need it buy it ...

SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:27 am @spacecadet - lets try and drop it
@SLiC no worries, it is dropped.
he ruined the KVR forum experience for me. I came here for info and exchanging thoughts and got a to know this weird world where they just post only to post.
Have no time for that ;) Just like Tom, I guess.

shaboogen wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 am
SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 pm Just like I never use that phase-4 thing either, was "a big thing" also, taking away valuable development resources from essential parts of a DAW.
so "I use Phase-4 therefore it's not worthless, although I can get better quality elsewhere, cheaper" is better?
weird twist... :dog:

xbitz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am ^^^ note sure, maybe they should be paid ones, like https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/sof ... in-for-you PR does it, if u need it buy it ...
you think Phase-4 is free???? OMG :dog:

:D @SLiC now it's dropped

I wonder if we get as many "speculation" pages as with the Massive X thread until it arrives... Still need a working 2.5 beta, they broke MPE (again(partially)) with beta 4...

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 am
xbitz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am ^^^ note sure, maybe they should be paid ones, like https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/sof ... in-for-you PR does it, if u need it buy it ...
you think Phase-4 is free???? OMG :dog:
not think, for me Bitwig seems like as love-child, seems the developers love to build different synths without giving enough love to the required and essential features that's all, if the synths would be paid ones at least/maybe would be clearer to developers/us (dunno the others ofc. but personally I would be paid/vote with money for features like GPU accelerated UI, a usable PR etc. than for just an other synths on market) what are the main prios of the user base at this point Bitwig is quite close to be a brilliant DAW just should finish the set figures before the free ones ( at least the top 3 one in the [POLL] What next? topic)

and I know it's a difficult and complex question, but ... I like the philosophy of Image-Line better "One of our philosophies is that you should only pay for features you use. In this way, we include a number of optional (trial) synthesizers, effects and sounds." although it's based on risky strategy and crackable software (which able to keep the user base on high level)
Last edited by xbitz on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaboogen wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 am
Not just Phase-4, but every device in every DAW has been declared useless.

The guy is just a troll... not in the slightest bit interested in honest conversation.

Return to “Bitwig”