Elektron Overbridge 2.0 - Beta

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to let you know that Elektron has just made a public release of overbridge 2.0 beta details available from here.

Currently playing with a Digitakt in Bitwig, as an audio interface, sequencing samples on the Digitakt from a Bitwig midi track and sequencing Bitwig devices from the Digitakt using Elektrons parameter lock sequencing. Current grin factor is 11. :party: :love:

Yup- its working great for me with the RYTM and A4 but the real revelation is Analog HEAT MK2- it works just like a VST FX!

VST instrument - OB AH and the software instrument goes out over USB, through analog fx and back through USB as it was a software plug in a few ms (not audible to me)

This will also be fantastic on the master, but being able to 'switch it' on to different VSTs or loops without any cable swapping, listen to the results, bounce etc - OB2 makes the HEAT (an already great box) twice as good.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I never understood the appeal of the Analog Heat, it seemed quite limited for the price. Yet when I saw that lots of people had them, I watched a few videos and realised it is more than it appears. I shall have to find a demo somewhere and hopefully have a try, though it could be costly. ;)

Good to know the A4 works, not upgraded to use the new OB, I'm having too much fun with the Digitakt as a sequencer for VST's. OB1 made working with the A4 a lot easier especially with sound design, just a shame I couldn't store them as presets in Bitwig, but still saved a lot of time.

I'm not having any luck getting the OB 2.0 beta to route the audio from the plugin to individual tracks. I've set up the output chain on the plugin track, but when I create Audio tracks and route the individual channels to them the audio never actually comes through. Any suggestions?

Here is how typically route an audio track, via the chains. If you have a MK1 device, make sure you have the tracks enabled in Overbridge, the MK2 devices pass everything anyway.
ob2-01.png
Then I ensure that the track record button is turned on, then record the audio.

It's worth noting that there is no direct monitoring of each chain, only recording of the tracks, which Bitwig sometimes pops up and warns you about. Which is a shame as I can't see a way to use VST effects live. Not sure it that is a Bitwig or OB constraint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If using the Elektron as an audio interface device you can add inputs in settings>audio. That way you can use those as inputs to tracks and do it that way and use VST effect. However, there will be sync issues if you want to sync to DAW tracks as it bypasses the OB VST.

Kind of swings and roundabouts, depending on what you want.

I got tripped up by the fact that BW doesn’t monitor the multiouts, it only records them.

Weird design decision, but I’ve got it working now.

Thanks for your help!

I've just ordered a rytm so really looking forward to trying this out! Thanks.

I haven’t tried it, but presumably you can use an audio receiver on an intermediate track for adding live effects and then route the output of that to a record track. A bit over the top compared to monitoring the record track, however you would still need to route it to a 3rd track to record the fx output anyway I imagine.

My A4 MK1 isn’t working at all with OB 2, both standalone and plugin either garble the sound or play ok for a minute until it stutters and gets stuck on a buffer loop. Today’s update is actually much worse than the previous beta. However the Digitakt is working flawlessly. The 1st time I’ve felt I should think about getting a mk ii down the line.

Actually you don’t need to do that, on the Mixer Panel there is an up/down arrow icon to the left after you have enabled missing chains if you click it it shows you all the child tracks where you can add Inserts. So presumably if you choose POST on the Record Track it will be able to record those effects too.

New Beta out today

Overbridge 2.0.12 Public Beta is now available, enabling AU Plugins and offering a number of stability and performance improvements. We are now fully focused on continuing our work with the Digitone Standalone Editor and Plugin.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”