VSTi unregistered after Bitwig Update - Anyone?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello @Bitwigers,

It's now the 3rd time I have to re-register most of my VSTi/Fx after updating Bitwig (from 2.3 to 2.4, etc.)

I e-Mail Support but they tell me it's nothing to do with them, but this issue only happens when I update Bitwig :/

I was wondering, does any one of you guys had this issue as well?

What do you mean with re-register? They will be scanned again or you have to authorize again or what. And which are „most“? Never came across a most plug-in...; - )

I've never had that happen

Upgrades have always been seamless for me with regard to installed VSTs. I’ve never been prompted to re-register license keys with any VST (and I have many, from more than 30 different vendors).

There has never been any problem on my system, all bitwig updates were smooth, no vst plugin re-registry problem has ever happened.

I cannot even imagine what Bitwig would do to cause this for you. That's simply not how the plugin and host architecture works.
Creator of Bitwiggers, the place to share Bitwig Presets.
Advocate for Bitwish, the place to vote on Feature Requests and discuss Bitwig.

Maybe some sort of permissions issue...

Mac or PC? What plugins?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Highly doubt it's a DAW problem. Does it happen when you switch DAWs as well(like Ableton to bitwig back to Ableton).Why would bitwig even remember the state of authorization of your plugins,it's your plugin's job,isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks you all for all the help!
So, I'm on Windows.

Plugins concerned are all using the old VSTi 2.0 Kompakt with NI's Reg tool.

With other DAWs I don't get that issue but as soon as I launch them in BW, it's like the Registration subsystem detects a new "Machine" thus not the same Machine ID as last time I launched Bitwig

So, could it be because BW is running on some sort of Virtual Java Machine each time?

That's my guess. If so, I already mailed Support but they keep saying I just have to find an update for those (but there is none).

So I'm stuck with great Kompakt plugins that I can't use properly (East West / Quantum Leap plugins, and others I'll try to list here next time).

You have to contact NI, its their bug. That is why its called Kontakt, the German word for contact...; - )
It might be sufficient to update the NI reg tool...

I very occasionally load a project and it says a VST is missing (not a version conflict), even though 1) there is another of the same on a different track 2) It IS there, I just delete the unloaded one and load it again.

arrakeen wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:33 pm I very occasionally load a project and it says a VST is missing (not a version conflict), even though 1) there is another of the same on a different track 2) It IS there, I just delete the unloaded one and load it again.
Most likely a UID conflict with the same name. Can happen if you upgrade a version and the new one has a different UID. The project which used the old version will complain, but if you load it freshly, it has no problem to load the new version...

Return to “Bitwig”