Bitwig 2.5 beta is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:39 pm
mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.
That's again proves that people need small workflow changes and not new devices, cmon guys, listen to us.
I agree but there is seemingly nothing here that's going to help my workflow. I'll have to use it for a bit I guess.

+1 for those who think that 2.5 is nothing compared to features we had in 2.3 and 2.4

Audio offset tool, seriously? But we had an offset in Inspector already.
Time-stretch tool is the least improvement I can ask.
Preferably with MIDI clips taken into consideration.

Yokai wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 pm And unfortunately, the right browser pane still doesn't remember the collapsed/focused state of the browser when you open/add new projects in the same Bitwig session. It would be nice the focus you set was "sticky" across all open projects for the entire session.
+1

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm In Arrangement section in last tab of Preferences (keyboard shortcuts), most likely (I'm stuck at work...)
Perhaps I wasn´t precise enough...
I know where to search for them but tbh I expect from a company that wants my money a bit more information than we added some new shortcuts... which ones were added???

It´s already a pita, that there is no detailed information on the functions available as shortcuts, but to implement new ones and don´t even list the new ones is a bit over the top for me...

What shall I do?? Open Bitwig 2.4.3 and take a screenshot from every section of the shortcut list and compare them to the new one step by step???

Anyone who is using bitwig for quite some time knows this update isn't what we expected from 2.5 . It's small,very small when compared to 2.3,2.4. But still,these updates are welcome,and we still trust bitwig to go hard on upcoming updates.
Who knows maybe they changed how will they bring updates to the users,2.5,2.7,2.9 might be minor updates,2.6,2.8,3 might be bigger?

Trancit wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm
antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm In Arrangement section in last tab of Preferences (keyboard shortcuts), most likely (I'm stuck at work...)
I know where to search for them but tbh I expect from a company that wants my money a bit more information than we added some new shortcuts... which ones were added???

It´s already a pita, that there is no detailed information on the functions available as shortcuts, but to implement new ones and don´t even list the new ones is a bit over the top for me...

What shall I do?? Open Bitwig 2.4.3 and take a screenshot from every section of the shortcut list and compare them to the new one step by step???
Were you missing the ability to key-map particular actions? I have. So 1st thing I'm gonna do back home is i'll check if I can map show/hide modulation lanes, forward/rewind 1 bar, move to previous/next locator, etc.

If you weren't missing anything, what good is a list for you? :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Absolutely agree!

Considering that you need to have an active subscription to receive this update, I'm somewhat disappointed. For most companies, this would be a free update.

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:39 pm
mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.
That's again proves that people need small workflow changes and not new devices, cmon guys, listen to us.
Almost all the changes in this update are small workflow improvements. There is only one new device and since it is a similar device to the other selector devices, likely took little development time.

Just look at the shortcuts in 2.5.You'll recognize the new ones if you have used bitwig long enough.
At least the bitwig users are much more intelligent than some other DAW users lmao. We don't need premastication,or do we?

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Were you missing the ability to key-map particular actions? I have. So 1st thing I'm gonna do back home is i'll check if I can map show/hide modulation lanes, forward/rewind 1 bar, move to previous/next locator, etc.

If you weren't missing anything, what good is a list for you? :o
Come on... I'm sure you would prefer to have a list of the new shortcuts.

There might also be new shortcuts I would not even think of but once there, I would happily use.

Dom wrote to me that the shortcuts weren't added to the changelog because a.) there were too many for them to fit in there and b.) because things are still in flux and they may change.

And everybody please remember: This is a FIRST BETA version, I got quite some crashes, so if you are uncomfortable with using development versions just wait for the final and things will be both documented and more stable, like always.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 pmCome on... I'm sure you would prefer to have a list of the new shortcuts.
Sure I would, but it's not a big deal if there isn't one.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm Yeah...good things are easy to get used to. You, people, already forgot that previous update was few months ago... :dog: Do you realise its impossible to "machinegun" big features every 2-3 months?
Guess what: just because you aren't disappointed by this release doesn't mean everybody else has to mirror your reaction. Disappointment to this very lackluster update is a valid response. Your apparent need to play the Positivity Police and smack down on anybody who isn't pleased like you are is really tiresome.
Last edited by mholloway on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm super pissed 2.5 didn't come with a fireworks display when I launched it! What doesn't Bitwig get about the numbers 2 POINT 5?

This isn't like fill in the DAW here: _____________ at all. HUGE middle finger to the user base! :smack:

:hihi:

Ok, seriously, what the hell is "Slide-content editing gesture" and "Concept of clip blocks"? I can't go in there right now and I rather know before I do. I like clear instructions, examples if possible Bitwig.

Those tricky numbers get some folks expectations up, but honestly it's not like they made a big deal about it like when the Sampler got an update. I'm good with the fact that it's still moving along, though those folder need to stay collapsed dammit. :wink:
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”