Bitwig 2.5 beta is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Launch time has gone from 22 seconds on my MBP to 14 seconds. That is a solid improvement.

The analog waves stuff is really nice though.

I don't understand the Clip Blocks. How do you define a set of clips as a block? I see the new follow action options, but I don't know how to get them to work.

ckam03 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:19 pm
kpv wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm People never cease to amaze. 2.4 was literally released 3 months ago and people find reasons to complain. :hihi:
Then wait longer to release a better update? Don't release a weak update after 3 months? I want my moneys worth? This is basic stuff.
Again...This was officially stated in the new update policy. New updates will be released as soon as they ready.

But i have an idea for you! If you want to see more value for your money, don't check the forum and website for 2-3 years, then comeback and you will get a lot of updates at once (just like in any other DAW)

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm I don't understand the Clip Blocks. How do you define a set of clips as a block? I see the new follow action options, but I don't know how to get them to work.
EDITED FOR CLARITY:
Insert a space (no clip) between clips... :-)
Same as the groups that existed before.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:48 pm
donkong wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:37 pm Audio slide 😍🙏
Yes, but i would change behaviour of modifier keys. I would prefer to quantize slide by default and free slide with SHIFT key. Anyone agree?
I'll have to use it both ways a bit to be sure... but initially I agree. I'm mostly glad both options are at least there!

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:25 pm
kpv wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm People never cease to amaze. 2.4 was literally released 3 months ago and people find reasons to complain. :hihi:
Then wait longer to release a better update? Don't release a weak update after 3 months? I want my moneys worth? This is basic stuff.
Again...This was officially stated in the new update policy. New updates will be released as soon as they ready.

But i have idea for you! If you want to see more value for your money, don't check the forum and website for 2-3 years, then comeback and you will get a lot of updates at once (just like in any other DAW)
Looks like my point completely went over your head but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Bitwig is still going to let me know that there's an update so I'll update and still be underwhelmed... so yeah, nice try. Give me a break though. This is literally the first time I've complained. I'm allowed to complain a time or two.

c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.

ckam03 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:30 pm

But i have idea for you! If you want to see more value for your money, don't check the forum and website for 2-3 years, then comeback and you will get a lot of updates at once (just like in any other DAW)
Looks like my point completely went over your head but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Bitwig is still going to let me know that there's an update so I'll update and still be underwhelmed... so yeah, nice try. Give me a break though. This is literally the first time I've complained. I'm allowed to complain a time or two.
Hard with sarcasm?
Of course its a weak update by its own. But it totally reflects the new update policy. Small but frequently.
Last edited by Enrize on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.
Use project templates and/or drag a whole track to the browser to save it as a preset including all devices until then.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:27 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm I don't understand the Clip Blocks. How do you define a set of clips as a block? I see the new follow action options, but I don't know how to get them to work.
Insert a space (empty clip) between clips... :-)
Same as the groups that existed before.

Cheers,

Tom
Ahh... the term Empty Clip confused me. I put in an actual empty clip. It would more accurately be stated, leave an empty clip slot.

I'll have to explore this a bit. I'm not immediately sure what use this is offers me.

Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:34 pm
ckam03 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Hard with sarcasm?
Lol. Sarcasm gets lost on the Internet sometimes. I thought mostly you were just trying to be a smartass :hihi:

mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.
That's again proves that people need small workflow changes.
Last edited by Enrize on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

operator wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm sorry, but taking in account what was said and how it was realised in the end... this is just another Mittelfinger to the Userbase...
sorry, but you don't get to speak for me. As part of the userbase, I am quite pleased that there are some speed improvements on the Mac (and plenty of people have asked for that)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm
Use project templates and/or drag a whole track to the browser to save it as a preset including all devices until then.

Cheers,

Tom
hmmm...thanx)...will try dragging the track))

Return to “Bitwig”