Bitwig 2.5 beta is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yokai wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:50 pmAnd unfortunately, the right browser pane still doesn't remember the collapsed/focused state of the browser when you open/add new projects in the same Bitwig session. It would be nice the focus you set was "sticky" across all open projects for the entire session.
THIS!!!

Please Bitwig Team, give us a Christmas present. I would trade all other features just to have this! :pray:

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:44 pm Thank you Bitwig Team, I think your work is being noticed outside of the existing user base....keep it up, heads are turning! :tu:
SLiC, I think you said it best. Bitwig is finally starting to introduce new DAW features for all users to appreciate! Congrats, and thanks Bitwig, for this gift!!
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

Most humble x.5 Update i´ve ever seen in DAW world.... hahaha (Fremdschähmen)... Bitwig I know you can do better... this should be one of the maschine-gun Udaptes you talked about a few months back... not a 2.5...

don´t get me wrong, for me Bitwig is as good as complete and a wonderful work environment... i wouldn´t mind a timeout in releases to bring some REAL ANTISIPATED features from the user community... I rarely read those features in the threads (except audio slide)... but with this payment option they need to deliver... even if it´s just some simple features overbloated from the marketing department... :dog:

sorry, but taking in account what was said and how it was realised in the end... this is just another Mittelfinger to the Userbase...
Everyone knows more than I do...

operator wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pmsorry, but taking in account what was said and how it was realised in the end... this is just another Mittelfinger to the Userbase...
It's a third update this calendar year. Which other DAW can claim the same, other than perhaps Reaper? Give the guys a break...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

operator wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:35 pm Most humble x.5 Update i´ve ever seen in DAW world.... hahaha (Fremdschähmen)... Bitwig I know you can do better... this should be one of the maschine-gun Udaptes you talked about a few months back... not a 2.5...
Please do your research first. Bitwig update policy is different. In Bitwig realm 2.5 is just an incremental version number. Its absolutely the same as 2.0, 2,2 3.0 etc.

Oh please, let's not go again this route. Please folks ignore the troll and let's try to discuss the actual release.

Its a nice release. As i said before, for me, small workflow improvements (such as new keyboard shortcuts) are much more valuable than new features and devices.

This is a really weak update. Let's just hope that features weren't ready and that 2.6 is going to be a monster.

Yeah...good things are easy to get used to. You, people, already forgot that previous update was few months ago... :dog: Do you realise its impossible to "machinegun" big features every 2-3 months?
Last edited by Enrize on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I like it ... the vst filtering of versions is a really great idea... the other enhancements look good too. I don't mind the modest features here ... I think this one was a quick update pre-Christmas (perhaps the Mac enhancements were more involved) and that is just fine by me.

Yokai wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 pm - Added numerous functions (available as user-defined shortcuts) for navigating and controlling your arrangement
And what are they...???

It´s a little bit like searching easter eggs... hey... we did something ...go and find out yourself...

what are the mac improvements specifically?

Trancit wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:00 pm
Yokai wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 pm - Added numerous functions (available as user-defined shortcuts) for navigating and controlling your arrangement
And what are they...???

It´s a little bit like searching easter eggs... hey... we did something ...go and find out yourself...
In Arrangement section in last tab of Preferences (keyboard shortcuts), most likely (I'm stuck at work...)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

People never cease to amaze. 2.4 was literally released 3 months ago and people find reasons to complain. :hihi:

kpv wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm People never cease to amaze. 2.4 was literally released 3 months ago and people find reasons to complain. :hihi:
Then wait longer to release a better update? Don't release a weak update after 3 months? I want my moneys worth? This is basic stuff.

Return to “Bitwig”