Where Bitwig makes simple things hard...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drag clips from arrangement to drum machine cell (instant simpler with the sample) like Ableton.

M-Prod wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm Drag clips from arrangement to drum machine cell (instant simpler with the sample) like Ableton.
I’m guessing the reason they don’t allow this is because clips can contain multiple samples (“events”) in them. Is it really that arduous to open the event editor, then click and drag on the EVENT title bar up into the track with your drum machine, then back down onto the drum pad and let go of the mouse? That workflow is possible today.

Yokai wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:43 pm Is it really that arduous to open the event editor, then click and drag on the EVENT title bar up into the track with your drum machine, then back down onto the drum pad and let go of the mouse? That workflow is possible today.
..really that arduous.., that's assuming I was aware of that workflow, with I was not. Thanks for explaining.

Another one: every save as starts with the "Untitled" name..

escapednb wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am I totally agree with those two points and i want to add some points which also fall into this category.
1. The timestretching. I know it's pretty much possible to do anything ableton does but i think the timestretch-workflow in bitwig is cumbersome and confusing.
2. Also the Fade/Autofade-feature is buggy as hell and still does many strange things.
3. There are still so many clicks appearing when cutting audio, using certain modulators and or sidechain. Nobody want's those even if you choose a hard curve like ramp etc...

i think many fixes for those problems are blocked by backward-compatibility but i still hope they get rid of them...

edit:
perfect timing ;) https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_5.html
some of those things seem to be adressed in 2.5
Are these really addressed in 2.5? I can't see that on the page. Either way, that would be a little weird if it was only for 2.5, for those who ran out of the subscription and still need the advertised functions to work on the product they bought. They would have to pay extra money to get access to a working product. I hope that isn't how this whole subscription thing works. It's one of my least favorite things about it, bug fixes shouldn't be behind a pay wall.
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Did they advertise functions a year ago which don‘t work? I am not aware of any...
I had a working product when I got Bitwig 1.0 already with v2 I got a lot on top of it and it was worth the upgrade price...
You made a decision based on existing functions at least a year ago which must have been valid back then. You should have more than you paid for already now!
Think of upgrade money as money for a service not for the product.

After trying and using every major daw in the past 20 years I have to say BWS is by far the most flexible and usable for me and it’s getting better. Especially love the way the program switches from 8track to demo mode if I use more tracks or certain devices so it would be lovely to see workflow enhancements coming along as free updates forever and new devices/content as part of the upgrade plan if someone’s paid for it, I’m sure they could do it

Return to “Bitwig”