Clip Automation Drift

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The following video is using clip automation to adjust the amplitude on a Tool device. The Falcon output is routed to a send. In that send is the automation clip. There should be a consistent volume envelope, but there is not. It progressively gets louder and clickier, like the automation is drifting and not synced properly.

The behavior is different depending on what track is selected and what is visible in the GUI. Sometimes it goes away if I select a different track, depending on what devices are on the track. It seems GUI affects output sound considerably.

Is this a known issue? It seems very serious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16id2bHsF-Y

an attached BWS project file would be handy (only with BWS devices) to able to try it, I'm using 2.4.2, 2.4.3 works very strangely ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

valankar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 am The following video is using clip automation to adjust the amplitude on a Tool device. The Falcon output is routed to a send. In that send is the automation clip. There should be a consistent volume envelope, but there is not. It progressively gets louder and clickier, like the automation is drifting and not synced properly.

The behavior is different depending on what track is selected and what is visible in the GUI. Sometimes it goes away if I select a different track, depending on what devices are on the track. It seems GUI affects output sound considerably.

Is this a known issue? It seems very serious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16id2bHsF-Y
I would also be interested in testing this project. Various people have suspected that GUI focus is somehow affecting some low level audio processing in Bitwig but nobody appears to have found a reproducible test case so far. I definitely feel like automation is sometimes processed late when I'm not focussed on the track with the automation but yeah, haven't managed to prove anything yet...

I duplicated your setup in 2.3.4 on Windows 10 and don't have the same behavior.

Grr, I tried to duplicate this and was not able to. Maybe it was a fluke. I'll update if I can reproduce.

Return to “Bitwig”