How to set envelopes to trigger as soon as note starts, like operator's Loop Trigger

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So what i want, is to trigger the envelope all at once... so it doesn't care if the note is short or long.. it just shoots the envelope as it is...

Ableton live operator has this function, and its mainly used for drum sounds.

is there a way to do this in bitwig?

I tried single trigger but is not the same. it still takes into account the length of the note.

Im using fm4, but i could use a adsr envelope.

Just one question... if i use an adsr to modulate the amplitude of the fm4, for example, to which parameter do i have to map the adsr? to the out or to the gain?

Thanks.

AHDRS modulator has a single trigger mode (right click on it...)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

i think its the same as the adsr one, it also has a single trigger, but it doesnt work as i want, so that it triggers it all, as soon as the note is pressed... so that it doesnt take into account the notes length.

You can do this with the 4-Stage Modulator. Just turn off the Loop function.

Ok...so adsr won't let me do it?

So? no way to do it with adsr?

i guess not but the 4-stage is even more flexible for this purpose as you can change the curves of the envelope.

How? I actually tried but could not get it... Thanks anyway.

giorgiomartini wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 pm So? no way to do it with adsr?
No, because ADSR and ADHSR are hardwired to the note, e.g. R stands for Release so this stage is only triggered when note is released.

I think your best bet is Steps in Note/Restart mode, loop turned off, per-note off and smoothing set to max.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Bitwig”