Sends - some workflow ideas

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, but for the unaware or "uninitiated" I had to point it out :) Fair point.

I'm not sure how much you've looked into it, but the Send-related things are not in a "Track" in the API, they're in a "Channel." You'll probably want to end up with a SendBank instead of working directly on the Send, and when you have a Send from that bank you can use value() on it to get to the SettableRangedValue which you can get/set.
Creator of Bitwiggers, the place to share Bitwig Presets.
Advocate for Bitwish, the place to vote on Feature Requests and discuss Bitwig.

sth wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm Yes, but for the unaware or "uninitiated" I had to point it out :) Fair point.

I'm not sure how much you've looked into it, but the Send-related things are not in a "Track" in the API, they're in a "Channel." You'll probably want to end up with a SendBank instead of working directly on the Send, and when you have a Send from that bank you can use value() on it to get to the SettableRangedValue which you can get/set.
Yeah I'm finding all this out. Cheers.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

While I have your attention...

How come "track.getSend(0).value().get();" works but "track.getSend(0).value().set(blah);" does nothing? Or nothing apparent anyway. There's something fundamental I've not grokked yet, I'm thinking.

Hmmm I'm not sure why it's not actually setting the value. However, I'm surprised you're getting the value. You have to either 'subscribe' to the value to get it on demand, or register a callback to process the changing values and store or act on them. I assume you already subscribed?

sth wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm Hmmm I'm not sure why it's not actually setting the value. However, I'm surprised you're getting the value. You have to either 'subscribe' to the value to get it on demand, or register a callback to process the changing values and store or act on them. I assume you already subscribed?

Code: Select all

track.getSend(0).value().markInterested();
in the init().

What specific value are you trying to set it to? What it used to be or a constant? I think it's normalized 0.0 - 1.0

What it used to be or zero.

Right, I got this working.

CTRL+SHIFT+[1 to 4] toggles off/on selected tracks send 1 to 4. (I say toggles off but it actually sets to zero and restores).

There's something I'm missing though. The knob in the track info panel only updates on the second toggle. The dynamic knob in the status bar displays fine however. No idea.

While I was at it I got the left and right arrow keys to move the playhead. (Why, in the name of all that is holy, this is not on toolbar buttons and/or kb shortcuts, I do not know)

Good idea on setting them to keyboard shortcuts! You may have encountered a UI bug for the knob states.

I assumed I was missing something in my API noobosity. I thought the 'set(x)' wasn't working at all. It was only by chance I noticed the knob at the bottom working, so I toggled again and then the actual knob caught on.

alexpen wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:30 pm > How would that work if you had several send tracks?
hm... not sure, if I understand you correctly.
Let say I have 3 send tracks: a) hall b) room c) delay

with let say shift+alt+1 I can switch to a) and adjust "hall chain", with shift+alt+2 to b) and so on... Currently you have to scroll down, looking for the send track. Not very convenient if you have 50+ tracks.

> That's what the active/inactive button in the top-left corner of every device is for.

Normally your send track has a several devices. Let say: hall+dynamics+eq
I want to be able to turn on/off easily the whole send chain to check and compare the end result of the send.
just wondering why don't you use multi level grouping ?

with sends in the first level and close the deeper one (s)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Ok, actually I think I kinda solved
--> - Shortcuts for selection of send/fx tracks. Thus, you can quickly adjust a chain on fx track.

Now I just shifted my send/fx tracks to the top and assigned Shift+Alt+1 - Shift+Alt+1... For now it works!

@xbitz
Yes, actually, I need to check this out...

PS:
Hm... no, if I move send/fx tracks to the top I'm loosing them as send in the inspector :-(

alexpen wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm Ok, actually I think I kinda solved
--> - Shortcuts for selection of send/fx tracks. Thus, you can quickly adjust a chain on fx track.

Now I just shifted my send/fx tracks to the top and assigned Shift+Alt+1 - Shift+Alt+1... For now it works!

@xbitz
Yes, actually, I need to check this out...

PS:
Hm... no, if I move send/fx tracks to the top I'm loosing them as send in the inspector :-(
Shout if you want my shortcut/fake controller setup.

Return to “Bitwig”