Your favorite keyboard shortcuts ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use some but not much. They're undoubtedly described in the documentation although having a thread in which people share their favorite keyboard shortcuts might be an easy way to incorporate more of them.

I use 'm' to bring the mixer panel to view and F1 and F3 to hide the note and device displays.

I've actually been meaning to ask folks on here about the shortcut for muting clips/notes. Pretty sure prior to version 2 of Bitwig it was same as in Live - "0". Now that is no longer the case. I'm not sure I understand why it was changed, but I suppose I don't have to understand it. It seems like an unnecessary inconvenience.

Another thing I found a bit frustrating is that I couldn't assign a custom shortcut when I tried. Is there another default shortcut for it that I'm not aware of? Or has this just been changed without an alternative in place?

Alt + A - (Toggle Active) for mute now,its a toggle now,on/off for every thing (channels,clips,plugins,midi)

You change change it back to "0" if you prefer in the settings/shortcuts

Split - Ctrl + E
Group - Ctrl + G
Loop - Ctrl + L
Auto Fade - Ctrl + F
Bounce - Ctrl + P (that's a custom one)

ere2learn wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm Alt + A - (Toggle Active) for mute now,its a toggle now,on/off for every thing (channels,clips,plugins,midi)

You change change it back to "0" if you prefer in the settings/shortcuts
I see. I guess I didn't find it because I most likely was searching for the "muting" option in the shortcuts menu.

I'll take a closer look at it. Thanks a lot for the info. :tu:

duplicate - ctrl+d (bound to mousewheel tilt left, delete is tilt right)
play from beginning - alt+p (bound to mouse "forward" button, spacebar is mouse back button)
new instrument track - ctrl+t (macro'd to a function button on my Nektar P6)
new audio track - ctrl+shift+t (macro'd to a function button on my Nektar P6)

are there hotkeys for "new device after/before primary device" or "new device at beginning/end of device chain"?

Does anyone know how to change the horizontal scrolling from alt+ scroll wheel to seomthing else? (Shift+scroll would be nice). I cannot find it in the shortcuts menu. Reason is because when IM dragging a clip and scroll at the same time, it makes a bounced version automatically because of the alt key.

D open device panel
B open browser
Type in plugin name
Enter.
I get the plugins I want loaded within a second.. Fastest way to load plugins and every other daw after that feels slow and sluggish.

numpad enter - play
numpad 0 - stop/return to the beginning

double content is cool on launcher clips
by default it's unassigned so can't put shortkey here :(
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Ezhdproductions wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm D open device panel
B open browser
Type in plugin name
Enter.
This sounds awesome, but it doesn't work this way for me.

"D" -> "B" -> type plugin name (e.g., 'phase' for Phase-4)

That works nicely, but when I press "Enter" nothing happens. Even if there is a single choice in the rightmost pane of the Browser.

Am I don't something wrong?

Is there a hotkey to move focus to the rightmost pane of the Browser?

hrrld wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 am
B open browser
Type in plugin name
Enter.
This sounds awesome, but it doesn't work this way for me.

"D" -> "B" -> type plugin name (e.g., 'phase' for Phase-4)

That works nicely, but when I press "Enter" nothing happens. Even if there is a single choice in the rightmost pane of the Browser.

Am I don't something wrong?

just hit the down arrow key... I usually don't type the whole plugin/device name. For example, "hi" is enough for Hive with my set of plugins.

If I want to add the Bitwig Delay-2 device, it is for me "del" then arrow down twice, enter. etc

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:23 am
hrrld wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 am
just hit the down arrow key...
Ha! I must have hit every other key on the keyboard.

Thanks, hero.
Last edited by hrrld on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

[oops]

B open browser
Type in plugin name
Enter.
I get the plugins I want loaded within a second.. Fastest way to load plugins and every other daw after that feels slow and sluggish.
So, none for "new device after/before primary device" or "new device at beginning/end of device chain"?

Return to “Bitwig”