Are Mute/Choke Groups Possible with New Sampler?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to assign two or more samples to a group and and have playback of any sample in the group cut playback for the others? I have a preset loaded with drum samples and want to set the open and closed hi hats to cut each other off.

bigbot wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 pm Is it possible to assign two or more samples to a group and and have playback of any sample in the group cut playback for the others? I have a preset loaded with drum samples and want to set the open and closed hi hats to cut each other off.
Choke group assignement is done through the Drum Machine device itself. Not through the Sampler that sits on each drum pad. Right click a drum pad to see your choke options.

Thanks Yokai! I was hoping to do it in Sampler. I guess it isn't possible?

Maybe it helps to see it like that: each drum is a seperate instrument - so each drum needs a seperate (Sampler) device. The Drum Machine device can host multiple instruments. So putting one drum/instrument/device per drum pad and having the choke groups inside the Drum Machine and not the Sampler makes sense.
bigbot wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 pm Thanks Yokai! I was hoping to do it in Sampler. I guess it isn't possible?
So no, it isn't. :shrug:

Return to “Bitwig”