Piano roll sound bug

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone also experience this piano roll bug?

I add some notes in a scale and move those notes before the starting point so I can 'fold' the piano to just this scale by using the drum editing view. It doesn't only happen when I move the notes before the start point, but that's just an easy way to get a clear grid in a specific scale.

Now when I move notes the pitches are often wrong they kind of 'hang onto a previous pitch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thxhpnj97yilm ... g.mov?dl=0

To reproduce take these steps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u8emp1vk8ytd ... s.mov?dl=0

Can anyone either confirm this is (or is not) happening on your system. I'm still on 2.3.5, but have not seen this fixed in the notes up until 2.4.1.

PS I have reported this to bitwig and it is filed as a bug, but I asked if they could reproduce it and they have not replied.

anyone?

Seems pretty easily reproduced and quite an annoying bug. Bitwig's midi functionality still contains a few kinks like this one. Im sure they have it cued up for the devs.

I seem also be able to repro this: https://youtu.be/cxAP3RPjhS0
((( ~ )))

Yes that's the same bug. Hope they squash this one soon. I'm forced to use the full piano roll editor because of this.. Pretty hard to edit when you have notes covering various octaves ;-(

I assume this has been reported by now? Good find...

kpv wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 pm I assume this has been reported by now? Good find...
The more reports, the more pressure to fix. support@bitwig.com ;)

Still no fix for this in 2.5..? :(
I reported this to bitwig back in august

Please Report it again on the 2.5 beta email.
What Bitwig says :
If you think you have found a bug, please drop us a line at beta@bitwig.com. Please be sure to include:

steps to reproduce the issue
operating system
audio interface and any other hardware information
(bonus) whether this is a new issue in v2.5

newtobitwig wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am Please Report it again on the 2.5 beta email.
What Bitwig says :
If you think you have found a bug, please drop us a line at beta@bitwig.com. Please be sure to include:

steps to reproduce the issue
operating system
audio interface and any other hardware information
(bonus) whether this is a new issue in v2.5
I will but am not 100% sure the bug is still there. I just checked the release notes for it and it's not there (don't have an active subscription, don't want to pay for the upgrade if this and one other bug aren't fixed). Could you please verify If it is still a bug in 2.5?

M-Prod wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am I will but am not 100% sure the bug is still there. I just checked the release notes for it and it's not there (don't have an active subscription, don't want to pay for the upgrade if this and one other bug aren't fixed). Could you please verify If it is still a bug in 2.5?
I'm not able to test 2.5 beta right now either.Might take some time.Why don't you ask this in '2.5 beta is out' thread? Link them to this thread and maybe somebody will confirm it for you.

Thanks, I got an answer back from bitwig directly (the beta@bitwig mail responds a lot faster than the regular support mail thanks for the suggestion) and confirmed this is still unresolved. I'm sorry to see new features get more priority than basic bug fixing.

M-Prod wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 am I'm sorry to see new features get more priority than basic bug fixing.
Me too! In time they will fix it (probably), but it may take more than a year to do so. I use Bitwig since 2015 and this is my observation. There was a bug with the player in the browser, a basic but important functionality and it took them more than a year to fix. So patience is a virtue as they say... :lol: :neutral:

Ok it's been almost a year.. it's 3.02.... Piano bug is here to stay.. It's even worse.. :(
I love bitwig.. I really do, it's better than Ableton in so many ways. But until they fix this, I'm not updating my 2.3.x. They added nice features like clips quantized to bars, resize tracks (up but not down :?) and have a nice easel combo deal (I don't care about the grid), but every time I try the latest bitwig there are bugs like these (and new ones..) that stop me.
I know it's coming.. It must be.. The only reason for the delay must be they are working on a piano roll overhaul...

No one? I think that's a good question.
I also have a 'no one?' On Bitwig 1 but I would be surprized if it's fixed.
Nobody worried when exporting to audio?
That the UI looks like some flickering disco ball christmas tree. This can't be good: why is the UI working while I am exporting? It's ridiculous. This is basic stuff. Love Bitwig though :)

Return to “Bitwig”