Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Virtual octave shift for midi input thru shortcuts like in Renoise

2. Two quick preset buttons in each device to store the current preset, right click to store, left click like in Renoise

3. Improved undo action like in Renoise

3b. Midi non destructive time shift, so be able to trigger notes more early or late, but not moving it on the raster, just like most DAWs have

woodpecking mantis wrote: 3. Option to make computer keyboard respond as a MIDI keyboard like in Renoise.
Already does this, just press shift...or do you mean behave in a different way from how it works now?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

1. Piano roll improvements
2. Intuitive quantize
3. Skin the beast

So many users ask for piano roll improvements. It what I long for the most. What do you particularly have in mind?

I think midi step input is a piano roll feature that is so very much needed in Bitwig. And since we are forced to put midi data in manually by playing, I wish Bitwig would at least offer more intuitive quantizing functions. Those two are actually top priorities for me when I think of improved midi tools, but a drawing dool would be nice as well to minimize the double clicking. It would save myself so much time, as I've given up on hardware sequencers.

"a drawing dool would be nice as well to minimize the double clicking."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

:D

1. Fix the DPI issues with high resolution monitors.
2. Better quantize
3. Better manual. I literally can't find anything in the Bitwig manual. To start I have to click through 3 menus just to open the help file, and then most things I need help on are like a 1 sentence explanation. Half the time they're outdated. It's ridiculous that i have to fall back to google to figure out how anything works.
4. Fix the keyboard shortcut system and control + enter help system. There are so many functions that you can use but don't show up at all in either of those menus. It drives me crazy. For example...mute a clip in the playlist. There is no info on it, but you press alt + a and it mutes the clip. An action title of "Toggle active" isn't the thing I'd ever search for to mute a clip.

For macOS users
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

:o

SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am just your TOP 3 - lets see if we have any influence on what the BW team prioritise for 2.5 (lets see if their is any consensus!)

1) Comping
2) More/better midi editing tools (piano roll)
3) integrated melodyne ARA
this would allow me to stop using cubase and use only bitwig. i guess most people who record vocals can't finish their project in bitwig because of this

The one where they can't sing, or the one where someone is too lazy to comp the vocals manually? Which?

I'd like to see some "quick swipe" style comping myself, time saver for sure, but tuning plugins and quick comp style editing haven't always been around and people got along fine without. If you really want to, assuming the vocalist has a workable voice, you can get it done, thinking you can't is an excuse not to.

Could be you (not you in particular) just don't know how, in such case, look it up. Youtube will get you there. :wink:
-JH

Need to be able to rename automation lanes - having 5 different lanes, all named 'freq', just won't do.

I'd also like to be able to draw my own LFO. We've got the 4 Stage envelope and the Step Sequencer modulator, but there is this void in between.

Oh, and for god's sake, please enhance the resizing of tracks feature. A track with 5 lanes of automation currently takes up my entire screen.

JHernandez wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm The one where they can't sing, or the one where someone is too lazy to comp the vocals manually? Which?
Probably the one where you get given some lyrics and there's no way to get them done again.

Or maybe its the one where you have to change the key of some guitar part or you want to change some keyboard chords.

There's loads of uses for melodyne apart from fixing vocals you know.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

That's neat and all, and I agree, but I was responding to: "i guess most people who record vocals can't finish their project in bitwig because of this"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

:hihi: :wink:
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm The one where they can't sing, or the one where someone is too lazy to comp the vocals manually? Which?

I'd like to see some "quick swipe" style comping myself, time saver for sure, but tuning plugins and quick comp style editing haven't always been around and people got along fine without. If you really want to, assuming the vocalist has a workable voice, you can get it done, thinking you can't is an excuse not to.

Could be you (not you in particular) just don't know how, in such case, look it up. Youtube will get you there. :wink:
50 years ago they where writing letters on typewriters, does't mean it's not more efficient to use a word processor, you have to live with your time. beside, pitch correction is also a very creative tool. i don't think bitwig should spent much time developing their own pitch corrector, just provide ara capability and people will buy the thing that works for them

Return to “Bitwig”