Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am simply Maxin' since more than 20 Years now. Its telling something, that I am not attracted to Live but jumped on Bitwig...
Pd is close enough to Max having not too big disadvantages for that purpose. If its somehow made possible to bind it in. As Pd is under a Standard improved BSD license which does allow to use it in projects like Bitwig (MSPs beginning started on Pds code base btw...), it seems for me a possible route to include low level signal flow programming into Bitwig. MobMuPlat is also under such a license...
Pd would simply open it for the weird stuff - the long tail needs. I think its easier than learning to script controllers...
Though the graphical interfaces in Max are way more advanced, most of those needs are covered in Bitwig itself.
MobMuPlat uses its own graphics anyway (pretty ugly, but it works...; - )

A separate product:

Bitwig multi-effects rack!

Slap that plastic :hyper:

What for should that be good? Bitwig as such is already a multieffect... You can put as many FX in a row or layer them more flexible than any multi fx on the market...

haha it would be almost worth it though for the name - Bitwig Multi Effect or 'BiteME'

What about AU support?

AU Support would be pretty good....but that also brings to mind -
a decent plugin management system - like the one in waveform. So you can actually choose which plugins show up and which ones dont. At the moment i already have loads of versions of each plugin..pretty annoying
Thats a pretty bit one for me actually.
Not all that amazed by their start up screen in general actually. I think a lot could learn from the way waveform does it.Their whole folder system is brilliant. Its really easy to jump between different versions of a track, the foloder system is really un cluttered and you can really manage your plugins, presets and just about everything,
I do really love the bitwig browser, its just missing that management feature really.

I don't use multiple DAWS on my production system so what I do is only install plugins I'm actually going to use all the time. That sometimes requires deleting the different versions of the same plugin: vst3, mono, ect, if the installer doesn't give me the choice. Another thing you can do, and I have, is make custom folders under Collection. They sit right under Favorites, which can also be populated. I have one for instruments, one for reverb, one for delays, ect. This way I don't have to search for anything, just click the category folder in either the pop up or side browser and there it is in a small list of plugins I use the most. No typing in the search or going through huge lists of plugins.

Also, I haven't tried this (no need yet), but when you right click in the browser you get Add Plug-in Location:

Perhaps you can ignore the system default path and set things up how you like them. IDK, never tried.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

I want to stop thinking in plug-ins and switch to sounds only instead. The nice thing in Bitwig is, you can create presets and just browse those... The preset knows what plug-in to load. And you can have complete chains as preset as well...
Of course to start a new sound you begin with a device...

1. VST undo
2. VST undo
3. VST undo

My Top 3 below

I'm a new user, and received the 8-track with my Nektar LX88+ keyboard.
I use a simple 4 port Audio I/F with guitar, keyboard and mike.
I do not expect great things for me beyond enjoyment.

But only #1 matters..

#1 Instructional Video

Very Short Tutorials on 'stuff'. Multiple videos laid out similar to the manual
The format of the video tutorial should be a fast overview, followed by more detailed information.

The reason for this tutorial format is to provide either a quick lesson for those that pickup on it quickly and/or a quick refresher. The quick part is important because most videos are TOO LONG.
The second part can be longer and provide additional detail to fully develop and teach the subject.

I ask for this because my eyes roll back and I go rigid when trying to go through the manual on velocity and stuff.

#2 Price break for me. ( I hit the limits of 8-track but can't afford the full version)

#3 A visual representation of the Input / Audio / Instr / Device / Output. Chain

It could be a tool icon that get's clicked then pointed to a member of the chain, and pops up the visual representation of that chain.

I using a guitar through the audio interface, into an audio track that used the MIDI guitar VST.. sending the output to the instrument track with MIDI CC and H/W instrument to the Behringer Neutron via a manually configured 'controller'

Duplicating or changing seems to be hard for me to see the 'chain'

[
Also, I haven't tried this (no need yet), but when you right click in the browser you get Add Plug-in Location:

Perhaps you can ignore the system default path and set things up how you like them. IDK, never tried.
[/quote]

Yes that is what I did In the end - made custom folders for compressors / delays / reverbs etc.
I did think about making another folder on a separate drive, but I worry about it slowing everything down.

I am starting to think that I might be better off using only one daw. Problem is, before bitwig I couldn’t find one that did ever thing I need.
I think bitwig has finally done that.
In some ways I still prefer studio one for mixing. But even then bitwig has major advantages In that department too. Such a good system!!

I will certainly have to organise my plugs again because most of my other daws prefer au, so I have been Better organised with them.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:57 pm I want to stop thinking in plug-ins and switch to sounds only instead. The nice thing in Bitwig is, you can create presets and just browse those... The preset knows what plug-in to load. And you can have complete chains as preset as well...
Of course to start a new sound you begin with a device...

Yes I have started doing this also. I think again this comes back to - this really works if you only use one daw.
I feel like I have made so many sound presets in different daws. It will be really nixe to just focus on one and build a complete library (that is much better organised that my ableton library haha)

But I think you are right. If you make amazing sounds then it’s great to just recall the whole thing. Makes song writing a very smooth process

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:23 pm What about AU support?
Supporting AU makes no sense in my opinion.

Bitwig is a crossplatform DAW and so are the yet supported plugin formats (VST2 and 3). AU is a Mac only format not supported by Linux and Windows.

Which plugins are AU only? Most of the mainstream plugins I know support VST2, VST3, AU and AAX.

Greetings,
smoothny

There are quite a few, but of course there are also wrappers if necessary.
I just came across Web Audio Modules. That seems an interesting technology which could lead to a real crossplatform plug-in standard (the same build runs on all platforms a bit like java does). Its not in a production state yet, but for me looks more promising than VST 4...
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/web-audio ... wser-39307

SLiC wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am1) Comping
2) More/better midi editing tools (piano roll)
3) integrated melodyne ARA
I am with you SLiC, like your list! I'd reorder though, 2,3,1.
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

Return to “Bitwig”