I found a way to do feedback routings

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something I came up with today:

As most have noticed, the Audio Receiver device does not allow an feedback routing. But, using instead a DC module with an audio rate modulator modulating it, this is allowed. So now endless loops of self-modulation are possible.

Here's the stock chorus turned into a flanger:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikvu0dty3kurl ... reset?dl=0

And just something else for the heck of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjvenvywp1fsn ... reset?dl=0

Great idea!
Sadly this feedback loop has the same limitation as the delays (10ms min). Quantum computing now!

The presets are for the beta, i assume

Usually in DSP land the minimum delay of a feedback is the number of samples in a processing block. Check your settings. Nothing to do about this...

Duuuuude this is such a good find, getting some crazy atonal jazz madness playing a rhodes into the flanger with a couple of other effects chucked into the feedback path. Thanks for all of your research, you've found and invented some amazing stuff so far!

Taika-Kim wrote:Something I came up with today:

As most have noticed, the Audio Receiver device does not allow an feedback routing. But, using instead a DC module with an audio rate modulator modulating it, this is allowed. So now endless loops of self-modulation are possible.

Here's the stock chorus turned into a flanger:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikvu0dty3kurl ... reset?dl=0
How do I use this preset?

EDIT... what I mean is, how do I install it?

It requires beta 4 or 5, don't now remember which. Can't you just drag and drop this to Bitwig?

Deleted
Last edited by Whywhy on Sat May 23, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best
YY

Tj Shredder wrote:Usually in DSP land the minimum delay of a feedback is the number of samples in a processing block. Check your settings. Nothing to do about this...
Finally got around testing this, you are right. It's twice the buffer size.

Taika-Kim wrote:It requires beta 4 or 5, don't now remember which. Can't you just drag and drop this to Bitwig?
I've got beta 5... doesn't work for me (on Mac)... Bitwig doesn't see it.

This preset works in 2.3.5 ;)
Played around with modulating the phase of a Phase-4 oscillator (ratio set to zero) by a feedback Audio Rate modulator.
And got some tonal stuff when using two oscillators modulating each other. Unfortunately I didn't found a way to delay a signal less than 10ms (using Delay with Mix set to 100%) - so I live without it for now.

I used Note Latch so press the same note again to toggle it of.

Really hope Bitwig won't close this possible routing! Please don't report as bug!!! :pray: :wink:

EDIT: oh yeah, that's good stuff! :D (Preset 2)
EDIT: still having fun (Preset 3)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deleted
Last edited by Whywhy on Sat May 23, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best
YY

That's cool :D

u-u-u wrote: Unfortunately I didn't found a way to delay a signal less than 10ms (using Delay with Mix set to 100%) - so I live without it for now.
Blur can do shorter.
Time shift even shorter but cant be modulated.

You guys are crazy! Love it! :-D

Placing Time Shift inside the feedback loop does not sadly remove the inherent delay. Or then I just didn't find the correct values. It's hard to say when exactly it would be close to no delay at all.

Return to “Bitwig”