What can we realistically expect in Bitwig v2.4?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote:Ok, if the Bitwig samples work, but your other packs don’t, what is the difference with the samples you are using?
Size, freq, resolution, format? (Are they multisamples?)

That may be the issue/bug.
I've made a video and sent it in a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSF-pxChxE

It will happen with WAV files, I believe the problem is if there is some kind of metadata in the file it will cause the sampler to reset the keytracking (starts at about 5:50 in the vid)
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

toby wrote:
SLiC wrote:Ok, if the Bitwig samples work, but your other packs don’t, what is the difference with the samples you are using?
Size, freq, resolution, format? (Are they multisamples?)

That may be the issue/bug.
I've made a video and sent it in a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSF-pxChxE

It will happen with WAV files, I believe the problem is if there is some kind of metadata in the file it will cause the sampler to reset the keytracking (starts at about 5:50 in the vid)
I feel like we need to keep reminding them so they can fix these soon.
~Pyrotek45

I assume bug and gpu + cpu optimization with be paramount but i'd like to see the mixers slider height increased! :D
Last edited by coltpeacemaker on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quack Quack wrote:I want piano roll improvements, audio to midi conversion, velocity tool, & a way to reskin the beast.
I agree about the piano roll needing more features and audio to midi is a must! I always used it in Ableton and it was great for some interesting musical ideas :tu:

Pitch Tracking is written in your wav files. You have to delete that metadata in theses wav files to be able to hear the sample in bitwig sampler for example, without pitch tracking.

To delete pitch tracking meta data, I used a batch-audio-processing software, called Myriad (Mac only) : https://myriad.aurchitect.com/.

I batch-processed all my drums sample folder to delete pitch information in the metadata. Now every thing work good in bitwig, no pitch tracking when browsing and loking for drums samples to a sampler.

Sorry for my english, I hope it is understandable.
I might think every audio batch processing software might be able to do that, but you need to check it first. I can only assure you that, on Mac, Myriad does it (besides other great functions), and it does it very fast and well.

billzero wrote:Pitch Tracking is written in your wav files. You have to delete that metadata in theses wav files to be able to hear the sample in bitwig sampler for example, without pitch tracking.

To delete pitch tracking meta data, I used a batch-audio-processing software, called Myriad (Mac only) : https://myriad.aurchitect.com/.

I batch-processed all my drums sample folder to delete pitch information in the metadata. Now every thing work good in bitwig, no pitch tracking when browsing and loking for drums samples to a sampler.

Sorry for my english, I hope it is understandable.
I might think every audio batch processing software might be able to do that, but you need to check it first. I can only assure you that, on Mac, Myriad does it (besides other great functions), and it does it very fast and well.
Im on pc. And honestly you shouldnt have to do this just so your daw will work Normaly. This is something bitwig needs to fix and its a super easy fix imho. Just give users the ability to have it off by default.
~Pyrotek45

viewtopic.php?p=6258202

Above also references this issue- I have 1000's of drum samples that obviously don't have imbedded pitch data and never come across this so it shows why BW developers may not have fixed it (they may not have reproduced it). I assume someone has sent them a bug report explaining that it only happens if metadata for drums and pitch information (fooling the sampler in to thinking it needs key tracking)

Here is the patch 'If (Sampler) in (Drum Machine) then ignore (auto key tracking) :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

billzero wrote:Good Info

Thank you! :clap:

That seems to solve the mystery. That's why it was seemingly so random on my end. Some of the samples I was using had metadata (from sample 13 on in case above) with root key information and the others didn't. 80$ (in the case of Myriad) later, some time, maybe a lot, and you're cool. :evil:

I still think keytrack should be off by default, or the option. It's a PITA.

Unfortunately, in the case of multisample mode keytrack is on by default even if the files are clean of metadata. Meaning I have to turn it off for every sample individually in the case of drum samples w/velocity, for example.
-JH

so basically bitwig told me that they have no plans on changing how the metadata messes with the key-tracking in the sampler and basically told me that the sample libraries are saved wrong and that i should tell the sample creators that they should fix it. I feel like this has to be a joke. They cannot be that daft? they can't be serious.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:so basically bitwig told me that they have no plans on changing how the metadata messes with the key-tracking in the sampler and basically told me that the sample libraries are saved wrong and that i should tell the sample creators that they should fix it. I feel like this has to be a joke. They cannot be that daft? they can't be serious.
That's a very disappointing answer. Essentially anything saved with the Edison sampler/editor which is a really great tool (and is used by many) automatically has metadata added to the file.

Anybody know of a good batch editor for windows that can easily remove this?
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Pyrotek45 wrote:so basically bitwig told me that they have no plans on changing how the metadata messes with the key-tracking in the sampler and basically told me that the sample libraries are saved wrong and that i should tell the sample creators that they should fix it. I feel like this has to be a joke. They cannot be that daft? they can't be serious.
Really? :dog:
unbelievable...

I use sampler only for drums... :roll:

Im still emailing them, however they are very very slow responders. They said changing this is NOT planned but they will consider adding it to the "wish list"...oh boi. Whatever that means.
~Pyrotek45

If they simply made the "copy value to all other pads" (that's not exactly how it's worded but the idea is the same) feature that exists for the knobs in the Sampler also apply to the keytracking button, this wouldn't be an issue at all....you'd only need to turn it off on one sampler, then do the context menu > copy to all...

Pyrotek45 wrote:Im still emailing them, however they are very very slow responders. They said changing this is NOT planned but they will consider adding it to the "wish list"...oh boi. Whatever that means.
Then everyone who wants this should email them. That is what gets things done :)

mholloway wrote:If they simply made the "copy value to all other pads" (that's not exactly how it's worded but the idea is the same) feature that exists for the knobs in the Sampler also apply to the keytracking button, this wouldn't be an issue at all....you'd only need to turn it off on one sampler, then do the context menu > copy to all...
That would solve the problem only for some specific cases

Return to “Bitwig”