What can we realistically expect in Bitwig v2.4?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It can take some days even for subscribers. Is that really coming from them btw?

They didn't say non-subscribers would get slow responses, just normal response, they said subscribers would get enhanced/faster response....2-3 days is typical for response from many software companies....depends on many things, where they are (shows), holidays...just about to releases a big new update ;-)

I would like to try and help the poster but I am not sure I understand the issue, is it a bug reports or feature request? Is it turn off tempo sync in preview or when dropped to drum machine?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:They didn't say non-subscribers would get slow responses, just normal response, they said subscribers would get enhanced/faster response....2-3 days is typical for response from many software companies....depends on many things, where they are (shows), holidays...just about to releases a big new update ;-)

I would like to try and help the poster but I am not sure I understand the issue, is it a bug reports or feature request? Is it turn off tempo sync in preview or when dropped to drum machine?
the problem is , is that there is no way to turn off the automatic pitch-tracking for samples. for instance i will drop a kick sample into the drum machine and when i trigger that drum pad, it sounds warped from stretching because the pitch-tracking turned on. so, i turn it off right no biggie, the problem is what if i want to preview many kick drum samples? well it will turn on pitch tracking for every single sample i drop in/or preview forcing me to manually turn it off for every single sample rendering the preview function pointless. its a huge pain having to turn it off for every drum sample after about 5 minutes. the way it SHOULD work is that the pitch tracking in sampler should be OFF and STAY OFF by default. it should only turn ON when I TELL IT TO. that just makes sense.
~Pyrotek45

^ You think it's bad for that, try making a multi-sample instrument, like a drum kit, with multiple mics, and velocity layers for each drum. I made one not long ago, because I like the convenience of routing and the layers container inside Btwig, plus the challenge. Anyways it's about about 2 gigs of samples, up to 30 velocity samples per kit piece piece (13), left and right hand samples, up to 5 mics, edge, center, rimshot, rim, ect where it applies. A lot of samples is my point. I had to turn off keytrack for each and every sample. So much time could have been saved if keytrack were off by default. I actually set time aside for disabling keytrack, in 20 minute intervals. :ud: In addition, what would be great is the ability to edit such parameters for multiple samples, by selecting zones and or highlighting the samples you would like to edit. Tons of time could saved when editing the same parameter with identical settings across multiple samples.

Anyways, I hope they thought of that for the coming update. In the mean time I think you're just stuck turning that thing off every time.
Last edited by JHernandez on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JH

Pyrotek45 wrote:
SLiC wrote:They didn't say non-subscribers would get slow responses, just normal response, they said subscribers would get enhanced/faster response....2-3 days is typical for response from many software companies....depends on many things, where they are (shows), holidays...just about to releases a big new update ;-)

the problem is , is that there is no way to turn off the automatic pitch-tracking for samples. for instance i will drop a kick sample into the drum machine and when i trigger that drum pad, it sounds warped from stretching because the pitch-tracking turned on. so, i turn it off right no biggie, the problem is what if i want to preview many kick drum samples? well it will turn on pitch tracking for every single sample i drop in/or preview forcing me to manually turn it off for every single sample rendering the preview function pointless. its a huge pain having to turn it off for every drum sample after about 5 minutes. the way it SHOULD work is that the pitch tracking in sampler should be OFF and STAY OFF by default. it should only turn ON when I TELL IT TO. that just makes sense.

I am not getting that. Pitch tracking? In the audition menu (left) there is a note symbol to indicate if tempo sync should be on (to audition at track tempo) but that is off by default for me.

When I drop samples in the drum machimne the pitch is not changed unless I turn off pitch tracking (the little keyboard option) which is also off by default for every drum sample I drop in.

Try 'settings', 'behavior', 'default stretch mode' - make sure 'short samples' are set to RAW (this is default) - you can also turn of strech completely here...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I always have raw mode on. When I drop a single sample onto an empty pad the Drum Machine/sampler keytrack will be off. Drop 12 onto empty pads, they're off. Drop 13 + samples and 13 onward will have keytrack (little keyboard) on. Replace a sample by dropping in another sample 1-3 times and keytrack will turn on for every sample after, even though it was already off on that pad to begin with.

When I drop a few samples into multi-sample mode (right clicking the sampler to turn it on), keytrack is always on. I guess it assumes you need it on in the case of a single sample covering a range of keys. Not good for multi-sampled drum kits, for example, or when you have samples for any instrument that already covers a range of keys.
-JH

Ah OK mystery solved- I have never dropped more than a dozen samples on the pads at once, I guess BWS is determining that if you have that may samples its multisampling?

IDK what it's doing.

Now try replacing the sample on one pad a couple times by dropping new samples on the same pad and watch the keytrack turn on for that pad. I don't know why it does that either.
-JH

I'll upload a picture of the button i'm talking about. it literally turns on automatically FOR EVERY SAMPLE! AHHH I wish it would STOP! before screen-shotting this picture I simply dragged a KICK drum to an empty pad. WHY THE HELL IS KEY TRACKING ON FOR A KICK DRUM!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:I'll upload a picture of the button i'm talking about. it literally turns on automatically FOR EVERY SAMPLE! AHHH I wish it would STOP! before screen-shotting this picture I simply dragged a KICK drum to an empty pad. WHY THE HELL IS KEY TRACKING ON FOR A KICK DRUM!
This is an excruciating issue for me, reported since day 1 - I really hope it is fixed soon. I basically do not use the Drum Machine and stick to Phalanx because of it. Would love to use Bitwig only devices though. I'm really excited to see that the sampler update is indeed coming soon.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Pyrotek45 wrote:I'll upload a picture of the button i'm talking about. it literally turns on automatically FOR EVERY SAMPLE! AHHH I wish it would STOP! before screen-shotting this picture I simply dragged a KICK drum to an empty pad. WHY THE HELL IS KEY TRACKING ON FOR A KICK DRUM!
Just out of interest, what OS and Bitwig version are you on- it works as expected for me (latest version, windows 64)- key track is not on unless I switch it on.

SLiC wrote:
Just out of interest, what OS and Bitwig version are you on- it works as expected for me (latest version, windows 64)- key track is not on unless I switch it on.
I'm using the latest version ob bitwig 2.3.4with with windows 7 64bit. im using a third party sample library from black octopus. leviathan. It pretty much does it for every sample in this pack and many others.
~Pyrotek45

Odd, both on window....so even if you drop just 1 sample it turns on? As it doesn’t for me I am wondering if it is the Lea that or type of sample...how about the Bitwig drum machine samples, what do they do?

SLiC wrote:Odd, both on window....so even if you drop just 1 sample it turns on? As it doesn’t for me I am wondering if it is the Lea that or type of sample...how about the Bitwig drum machine samples, what do they do?
yes, even just one sample, and any that i preview it turns on. The bitwig samples seem to work fine but who the heck is gonna use those? all i use are third party sample packs.
~Pyrotek45

Ok, if the Bitwig samples work, but your other packs don’t, what is the difference with the samples you are using?
Size, freq, resolution, format? (Are they multisamples?)

That may be the issue/bug.

Return to “Bitwig”