What can we realistically expect in Bitwig v2.4?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gulden wrote:
Maybe there are some advanced settings for Edison exports,
Press F2 for advanced settings in edison
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

+1 for timeruler and betther MPE integration.

gulden wrote:Had similar problem with some samples, so today had some time to experiment,..
Found some samples that triggered keytracking in drum machine, and all of them had metadata info from fl studio,..
examples:

comment - modified by flstudio xx
comment - recorded on x/xx/xxxx in Edison.
software - FL Studio xx
software - Edison

where x is number

All of them triggered keytrack mode on, but then in one of the libraries I found two samples that had fl studio software metadata, but only one triggered keytracking,..

So, I downloaded demo version of FL Studio (can export stuff but cannot save projects)
In the miscellaneous section when exporting to wav file, there are 4 options for adding metadata to audio files:
1. Save playlist markers
2. Save loop markers
3. Save note markers
4. Save tempo information

Default setting for exporting to wave file has two options selected:
1. save playlist markers
2. save loop markers

If you leave save loop markers when exporting, bitwigs drum machine will turn keytracking on, if you deselect it, it won't.
video:
https://streamable.com/ntju6

Now about Edison export, it's a sample recorder/editor in FL Studio, I'm pretty noobish with it,..
You can export by drag and droping from an interface icon or do save as wave file, in both cases it didn't ask me to choose embedded metadata and both files triggered keytracking in bitwigs drum machine,..

Maybe there are some advanced settings for Edison exports, I couldn't find them,...
Anyway I've sent this finding to bitwig support.
For me I'll just nuke all the metadata from libraries made with fl studio, and keep on working as usual, as soon as I find suitable software for the job.
Nice bit of detective work there....
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

There is a new Sherlock and his name is "gulden".

gesslr wrote:
gulden wrote:Had similar problem with some samples, so today had some time to experiment,..
Found some samples that triggered keytracking in drum machine, and all of them had metadata info from fl studio,..
examples:

comment - modified by flstudio xx
comment - recorded on x/xx/xxxx in Edison.
software - FL Studio xx
software - Edison

where x is number

All of them triggered keytrack mode on, but then in one of the libraries I found two samples that had fl studio software metadata, but only one triggered keytracking,..

So, I downloaded demo version of FL Studio (can export stuff but cannot save projects)
In the miscellaneous section when exporting to wav file, there are 4 options for adding metadata to audio files:
1. Save playlist markers
2. Save loop markers
3. Save note markers
4. Save tempo information

Default setting for exporting to wave file has two options selected:
1. save playlist markers
2. save loop markers

If you leave save loop markers when exporting, bitwigs drum machine will turn keytracking on, if you deselect it, it won't.
video:
https://streamable.com/ntju6

Now about Edison export, it's a sample recorder/editor in FL Studio, I'm pretty noobish with it,..
You can export by drag and droping from an interface icon or do save as wave file, in both cases it didn't ask me to choose embedded metadata and both files triggered keytracking in bitwigs drum machine,..

Maybe there are some advanced settings for Edison exports, I couldn't find them,...
Anyway I've sent this finding to bitwig support.
For me I'll just nuke all the metadata from libraries made with fl studio, and keep on working as usual, as soon as I find suitable software for the job.
Nice bit of detective work there....

coltpeacemaker wrote:A time ruler would be nice! It's needed and long overdue!!
+1

+1 for timeruler
Bitwig Studio, Ableton Live, Lemur on OSX.

Ableton Link v3, start/stop synch support would be nice
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

When can we expect version 2.4? How many betas will follow?

Not that I'd know but I guess at least 3 more betas... I'd guess expecting release in mid september seems pretty realistic...

kpv wrote:Not that I'd know but I guess at least 3 more betas... I'd guess expecting release in mid september seems pretty realistic...
I'm not sure it'll take that long, this beta version is probably the most stable Bitwig release I've used so far! I think it'll mainly depend on whether they're interested in making further tweaks to the Sampler based on user feedback or happy to release as-is.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:20 pm Oh wow, now it works! Many thanks, you really saved my current music plans! Such great, using a macos bug to enable low res :)

Either I did not get the manual, or I made it slightly different, so I now actually can check "run in lowres". Copied it two times to the desktop.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-30 um 00.22.10.PNG
How you do this?
Im on Bitwig 2.4 and macOS Mojave and it's not working for me. Bitwig start with checked Low Resolution and do not nothin happened with resolution after this it's unchecked again.

I am not sure if it still works on 10.14. Am on 10.13.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 pm I am not sure if it still works on 10.14. Am on 10.13.
Looks like I get back to Ableton :D

I finally got around to trying this thing

Nope
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Thanks for letting us know, it means a lot.
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”