What can we realistically expect in Bitwig v2.4?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, I know. Never satisfied.

But without turning this into a feature wish list, what do you think 2.4 might bring? I assume it'll come out over the summer.

I think we can realistically expect some new devices and/or modulators ( probably new audio effects ) and also some improvements to the workflow... dunno if much else

I have no idea what will be included... but I guess it will be announced June 12

I'm hoping to be able to mark some more of these as done. :)

http://sombr.com/pub/bitwig

Very nice list, could you add the most important missing feature?
Proper MPE implementation including Midi channel information preservation...
I know they are working on it, but I'd like to see it listed as implemented on your list when its done...
Another one: logarithmic wave form view, to be able to see soft audio without zooming in...

Your list could really be a resource to see the history of developement. Just add a date/version no. when a feature got implemented...

Though some of your requests can easily be solved by existing plug-ins, those I would give the lowest priority...

What a great list!

I suspect piano roll updates will be ticked off next, maybe ripple editing (we just got that in S1 4) and hopefully comping.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think we may see comping. Various workflow improvements, of course. Plus, I'd bet some kind of surprise is in store--could be awesomeness, or 'huh?'.

I'd be pretty excited to see video though!

Tj Shredder wrote:Very nice list, could you add the most important missing feature?
Proper MPE implementation including Midi channel information preservation...
I know they are working on it, but I'd like to see it listed as implemented on your list when its done...
Another one: logarithmic wave form view, to be able to see soft audio without zooming in...
Funny how your list of "most important" missing features is nothing like mine. Those would literally be at the bottom for me, if they made it at all.

I don't envy the developers trying to make all users happy... But so far I think they've been very smart gradually adding things for all (most) of the 'types' of users: sound experimentators, hardware geeks, regular composers/producers, live performers, etc.

I'd really hope it's GPU acceleration in 2.4. Even though I'm not personally affected (due to smallish projects) I'd love to see more people being able to use Bitwig more seriously, thus bringing them (back, in some cases) to the user base. We need more users, more exposure, more money for the dev team so that they could add more stuff quicker.

After that, I'd love to see linked / alias / ghost clips, as my personal #1 missing feature :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

lunardigs wrote:I'd be pretty excited to see video though!
Yeah, I always love those! I remember the video for 2.3 came up online literally when I was checking out from hotel with my family and we were starting our 6h drive from winter holidays. That was a really excruciating 6h, before I could be back home & check it out :D
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:
Funny how your list of "most important" missing features is nothing like mine. Those would literally be at the bottom for me, if they made it at all.

I don't envy the developers trying to make all users happy... But so far I think they've been very smart gradually adding things for all (most) of the 'types' of users: sound experimentators, hardware geeks, regular composers/producers, live performers, etc.
You hit the nail on the head! I aslo use S1 4 and there are a ton of people who love the update and a ton who dont want any of it and feel almost slighted!

I have a Roli so the MPE stuff is cool, I also ahve a MS surface so would love to see the tablet side developed, I am a Eurorack user and would love more CV stuff, but I realise all of that stuff is niche and all in all I think the baisc DAW side needs some love now, midi editing, comping (and the adition of ARA2 would give full audio editing/audio pitch correction/quantise etc)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I aslo use S1 4 and there are a ton of people who love the update and a ton who dont want any of it and feel almost slighted!
Nice! I hesitated, but saw a deal with -15% off and upgraded yesterday :) It's such a great DAW!
Music tech enthusiast

I hope they surprise us with some unexpected alternative features.

GPU accelerated GUI and a sampler update would be great.

[edit] Also, what's on June 12? Are we expecting some kind of announcement then?

antic604 wrote:
SLiC wrote:I aslo use S1 4 and there are a ton of people who love the update and a ton who don't want any of it and feel almost slighted!
Nice! I hesitated, but saw a deal with -15% off and upgraded yesterday :) It's such a great DAW!
Yup, and almost a natural partner for BWS :tu:

shadiradio wrote:I'm hoping to be able to mark some more of these as done. :)

http://sombr.com/pub/bitwig
Great list! :tu:
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

Return to “Bitwig”