The new time signature changes...anyone exploring?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if anyone is making use of this as it was requested for a long time. Also has anyone else noticed that the metronome ignores the time signature?

I am using it. And indeed, it needs a bit of refinement but it really opens up possibilities. As most of my music goes on weird signatures this is a big change for me.

Not only that. It ignores the project signature as well if you dare to start out with something else than 4/4, input signature changes and delete them later.

Has this been updated? Also wondering how to get the clips to visually reflect the time signature selected? I change the time signature to something but the piano roll in the clip does not reflect the change?

I was just messing around with it. The metronome and grid seem to follow the markers fine. However, you can mess up the whole deal by putting them in the wrong place. I.e., they don't snap to the next available bar, you can place them inside the zone of the previous bar. Don't do that, and everything seems hunky-dory.

Yeah, it works, but there is a lot of weirdness. Similar with how deleting a lot of things (automation points, etc) can really mess up the undo history, you can get into weird states with time signatures. One specific example is if you have clips that are not set to 4/4, and you start slicing and dicing, consolidating, etc, they revert to 4/4 after that. I *think* where they are on the arranger timeline doesn't affect their defaults properly (like if they are in a 6/8 section vs a 4/4 section when created).

Edit: I'm still on version 2.3.5, waiting for more workflow enhancements before updating. So perhaps what I said above is fixed in the latest, I'm not sure.

Return to “Bitwig”