Avoid bitwig to overlap windows bar when fullscreen

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone :)
i need help for something that maybe is kinda stupid but... how can i avoid bitwig to cover the windows bar when maximised? I have win7.
Thank you :)

I can't figure this out either. In my experience, Bitwig really resists being a first class citizen of the OS. :|
  • it covers the taskbar (maximize window and fullscreen buttons do the exact same thing for me)
  • it removes itself from pinned taskbar shortcuts whenever you update / install
  • can't double click the title bar to maximize
  • behavior is weird with windows key + up/down arrows

:( i hoped for a different answer.. :)

shadiradio wrote:
  • it removes itself from pinned taskbar shortcuts whenever you update / install
If you create a link from the .exe itself and put that on your desktop and/or your taskbar, that problem is solved (at least if you install into the same folder with the same name each time).
This actually is a problem with Windows itself AFAIK and how the windows installer sees each version as a separate entity - I have this with several other applications as well.

Can't help with the other issues (and don't mind them actually - I simply don't maximise but drag the window to the size I want it, which is saved between sessions. I don't use the other things you list).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I just tried again:
On my Windows 8.1 x64, BWS 2.3.Beta2, the Taskbar is actually respected when I maximise it (Windows style). Only the Bitwig-Fullscreen mode does overlap the Taskbar, so I think you get best of both worlds actually, depending on the way you maximise?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Yes,
The maximize button shouldn't hide the taskbar.
The fullscreen button should hide the taskbar.

On Windows 10 this is working correctly.

It might be a Windows 7 issue - on both of my Windows 7 PCs, the maximize button and the fullscreen button behave the same way (fullscreen with taskbar hidden).

I'm on Windows 7 as well. Minor annoyance here is that the screen adjustments by dragging corners don't save between sessions. Neither on my studio desktop or my laptop. A little bizarre.

I finally found a solution :
Download and install the well known AutoHotKey
create a script (right click on desktop >New> Autohotkey script)

Paste this code in the script and replace :1920, 1034
1920: your screen resolution width
1034: your screen resolution height minus 46px (or your task bar height)
In this example, my screen resolution is 1920×1080
the first 0, 0, are the coordinate (you may need to change it if you are in dual display)

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Run, C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\Bitwig Studio.exe
WinWait, ahk_class bitwig
WinActivate
WinMove, Bitwig Studio, , 0, 0 , 1920, 1034

You can place this script wherever you please and create a normale shortcut on the desktop which you can cusomize : Bitwig Studio name and icon.

Another solution if you know a bit this AutoHotKey and you already have a AHK script running, you can add a shortcut to maximize without overlaping with this code:
in this example my shortcut is ctrl + alt + m

Code: Select all

>^>!m::
	IfWinExist, Bitwig Studio
	{
WinMove, Bitwig Studio, , 0, 0 , 1920, 1034
}
Hope to help, have a nice day !

You don't need Autohotkey. Just tell windows to put the Task bar on the left (or right) side of your screen, in a vertical orientation. Right-click the taskbar and choose "Taskbar Settings". Then look for the dropdown "Taskbar location on screen" and set it to "Left".

Return to “Bitwig”