ARA 2 for Bitwig- who wants it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

u-u-u wrote: No, I meant that maybe it could be expanded to extract a more detailed volume envelope -> to be the "pressure", "timbre" or the Bitwig-specific "gain" parameter of the note expressions.
(not only one static velocity parameter)
To speak in Melodynes language, the indiviual "blobs" already are displayed with the volume shapes -> so the information seems to be already there.
Ah yes I see what you mean now. Yes that would be great.

This is the feature I’m waiting for, and would motivate me to purchase a license.

Yes please!

:tu:

yes
Is ARA 2 actually out yet?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Oh, ARA would be great. Worked on Sonar and Melodyne some time ago and it's a great workflow with ARA.

Me too!

I own Melodyne cheapo version but haven't used it much at all. Adding ARA would be a positive move imho.

I'd love this honestly, especially with things like spectralayers taking advantage of it, as well as ARA being open source, it would be extremely useful. I think we'll see more and more ARA compatible software show up in the future as well.

-iKa- wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 pm I'd love this honestly, especially with things like spectralayers taking advantage of it, as well as ARA being open source, it would be extremely useful. I think we'll see more and more ARA compatible software show up in the future as well.
Spectralayers is interesting - I was hoping for more from the RX ARA version but it is extremely limited. I can't afford the full Spectralayers version though - is the Elements version still worth getting?

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:35 pm Honestly I hope Bitwig comes up with their own solutions and keep it free from 3rd party algorithms.
+1
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Synthack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:35 pm Honestly I hope Bitwig comes up with their own solutions and keep it free from 3rd party algorithms.

I'm not against ARA since it's not only for pitch correction, but I still think Melodyne's user interface is a dumpster fire. Melodyne is best-in-class at what it does of course, but I'm always jealous when I see my friend using Logic's Flex pitch. For the quick edit here and there, having a native solution that integrates cleanly and sensibly with the rest of the DAW is beautiful. I've used Melodyne via ARA in Studio One, and it's just Melodyne crammed into a panel. It steals focus, uses totally different shortcuts from Studio One, and runs at about 5 frames a second. So for me, not having ARA in Bitwig isn't that big a deal, and I'd rather they implement a simple but well-integrated solution themselves.

Same here...

PhilipVasta wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:28 pm

I'm not against ARA since it's not only for pitch correction, but I still think Melodyne's user interface is a dumpster fire. Melodyne is best-in-class at what it does of course, but I'm always jealous when I see my friend using Logic's Flex pitch. For the quick edit here and there, having a native solution that integrates cleanly and sensibly with the rest of the DAW is beautiful. I've used Melodyne via ARA in Studio One, and it's just Melodyne crammed into a panel. It steals focus, uses totally different shortcuts from Studio One, and runs at about 5 frames a second. So for me, not having ARA in Bitwig isn't that big a deal, and I'd rather they implement a simple but well-integrated solution themselves.
Logic's Flex Pitch is excellent... I would love to have that in Bitwig!

Return to “Bitwig”