ARA 2 for Bitwig- who wants it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2018-cele ... om-access/

Maybe the wigs were waiting for this :wink:

'Probably' the best audio editor there is integrated fully in to Bitwig?

V2.4 anyone ?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

For me it's not a "must have" but I'd really like to have it in Bitwig. Bitwig would become THE most versatile (it's already is, for me) DAW around.

I'd prefer proper multichannel support first.

The lack of ARA is the main Reason I did not get Bitwig.
I now use Studio One and am looking forward to Reaper 6 with ARA.
I may switch.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote:The lack of ARA is the main Reason I did not get Bitwig.
I now use Studio One and am looking forward to Reaper 6 with ARA.
I may witch.
According to the Celemony website, Presonus is working on a StudioOne version with integrated ARA2.

I really hope Bitwig will do something in the direction of getting better tempo handling (like Melodyne for example ;) ). E.g. for extract tempo automation out of audio or note recordings.
Of course also the (per-note) pitch-correction would be nice to have ;)

Yeah, and please let us extract and convert microtonal pitch changes of audio into Bitwigs Note format (including the MPE per-note pitch data! ;) )
So a synth could play the exact same pitch as the singer including all glides, vibrato.
Or if that would work polyphonically, a synth could even play the same notes as a whole choir - including all micro-pitch changes...

Cubase is now set to get ARA 2.

I think this is the one thing I'm gonna miss from Sonar. It's incredibly convenient and revolutionizes the functionality of Melodyne. And it's not just about being able to right click on a clip and turn it into a Melodyne clip without having to use Melodyne as a plugin (although that makes ALL the difference). You can also drag an audio clip to a MIDI track and have Melodyne immediately turn the audio into MIDI. And in Sonar, you can drag an audio clip to the time ruler and it will automatically create a tempo map based on Melodyne's tempo analysis of the clip.

This last feature is amazing. You could, for example, take a solo guitar piece and drag it to the time ruler. After that, all of your sequenced drums will be perfectly in time with the guitar, speeding up and slowing down where necessary. It's an amazing way to humanize stuff.

The audio to MIDI is amazing if you have the full version of Melodyne with polyphonic analysis. It's a great creative tool. One thing I like to do is feed it some audio that is quite busy and complicated, like an orchestral piece or a full band. Melodyne will invariably get confused by some of it, mistaking harmonics for notes and suchlike, and you end up with some crazy MIDI that you can edit and prune into something quite weird and wonderful that you would never have come up with on your own. I have loads of fun with it.

OK!
~ After sharke,s explanation i want it! :tu:

It’s kinda sad that ARA was born out of the collaboration between Celemony and Cakewalk, and now Cakewalk is gone. Such an unfortunate turn for an innovative and established company.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Definitely want it, especially since currently Bitwig has major issues working in time with Melodyne!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

poonna wrote:It’s kinda sad that ARA was born out of the collaboration between Celemony and Cakewalk, and now Cakewalk is gone. Such an unfortunate turn for an innovative and established company.
I think it was Presonus actually - Cakewalk (and other companies) got on-board later
In ARA Audio Random Access, we developed together with Presonus for just this reason a pioneering extension for existing plug-in interfaces.
http://www.celemony.com/en/service1/abo ... ogies#1172

sharke wrote:Cubase is now set to get ARA 2
Where did you hear this ?

I would love to have this option in Cubase as well....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Definitely would be a good move for Bitwig. Logic just got it too.

I'll take sampler improvements and proper midi channel handling first though.

Yup!

Would love it. Reaper just got it as well.

SLiC wrote:
sharke wrote:Cubase is now set to get ARA 2
Where did you hear this ?

I would love to have this option in Cubase as well....
Someone mentioned it here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/m/tm.aspx?m=3724121

Although I don't check the source :neutral:

Return to “Bitwig”