Will there ever be rex file support???

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kypresso wrote:
Trancit wrote: Honestly... if this is the excuse for not including substantial features (at least for me), because a niche platform, which is perhaps used by a 100 people for audio production over the world, doesn´t handle feature XYZ...
I've posted about Rex before and i got a lot less than 100 replies, so by your standards, it is less important than linux. :)
:D , that´s true... :lol:
pdxindy wrote:
Trancit wrote:Honestly... if this is the excuse for not including substantial features (at least for me), because a niche platform, which is perhaps used by a 100 people for audio production over the world, doesn´t handle feature XYZ...
It's obviously much more than 100 people using Linux for audio production...
Ok, I was wrong... it´s 106 people... :lol:

Anyway... no problem... life will go on... with or without Bitwig... I don´t know atm...

It's well over 500, if you add in the
actual MPD numbers :hyper: :hihi: :x :clown: :cry: :D :ud:

Excds wrote:
Trancit wrote:If so... I don´t really understand... they have to build different versions anyway, why don´t support things which are available and leave it where it is not available... :hyper:
Do you have any idea of how complicated it gets with managing software versions if you would have a different feature set on different platforms? That would be an incredible PITA... And then trying to give user support when some people can't even identify which platform they are on? Or someone getting angry because they bought the software and then can't use a certain feature because they are on a certain platform.

Can of worms++
Coding already IS complicated, and I think Bitwig was coded
from bottom up to minimize complications among the platforms.
I doubt many linux using musicians ever use rex files for audio work,
and even fewer would be bothered if windows Bitwig added support for rex.
Sfz support is far more important in linux apps. Speaking only for myself,
I'm happy to have linux Bitwig, without expecting 100% feature parity.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:... Speaking only for myself,
Cheers
That´s very kind of you ... Bitwig... do you hear him???? :D

Btw, just joking about Linux... if someone likes it... why not. :tu:

glokraw wrote:I'm happy to have linux Bitwig
Apparently you are one of only 106 people worldwide who do audio on linux... a very exclusive club! There are 20 times as many billionaires as there are linux audio users! :wink:

Trancit wrote:ARA... yes of course... oh no wait... we cannot... Linux doesn´t support VST3 and it would be a PITA for us to have different versions...
Ok, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The VST3 standard provided by Steinberg has absolutely nothing to do with the operating system you are running it on. If you write a VST3 plugin, it's up to the developer of the plugin to make it build on the different platforms.

pdxindy wrote:
Apparently you are one of only 106 people worldwide who do audio on linux... a very exclusive club! There are 20 times as many billionaires as there are linux audio users! :wink:
107 if I may. I also use Bitwig on Linux... :-D

Could always get creative and use Bigwigs built in slicing features.

Isn't REX redundant now that every host has built in slicing and time stretching features?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

108 if you include me :hihi:

pdxindy wrote:
Sadly, I had to hire a billionaires nephew, to teach me
that the operating system IS the daw, not just a bureaucracy of code
that makes using a daw somewhat problematic at times.

:o :x Win 10 update INCOMING...man the circuit breakers!!! :hyper:

Trancit wrote:
glokraw wrote:... Speaking only for myself,
Cheers
That´s very kind of you ... Bitwig... do you hear him???? :D

Btw, just joking about Linux... if someone likes it... why not. :tu:
You reminded me I have an old GuruCM license, so I installed it
using wine-staging, and made easy use of the loops in _eape_
even those old rex loops sound great!
Cheers

Excds wrote:
Trancit wrote:ARA... yes of course... oh no wait... we cannot... Linux doesn´t support VST3 and it would be a PITA for us to have different versions...
Ok, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The VST3 standard provided by Steinberg has absolutely nothing to do with the operating system you are running it on. If you write a VST3 plugin, it's up to the developer of the plugin to make it build on the different platforms.
How many VST3 are available for Linux???

109 here :tu:

Remember, Linux, in theory, has no commercial aspirations of it's own. This means virtually anyone can come to Linux and develop upon it. Yes, there's GPL and other such licenses, but these, for the most part, are very permissive and friendly toward commercial product development.

To the contrary, Windows and Mac are much more discriminatory and encumber developers in various convoluted ways--all because of commercial concerns.

This whole trend is shifting though. I've seen incredible open source/Linux developments in the past few years. It's very encouraging to see.

Trancit wrote:
Excds wrote:How many VST3 are available for Linux???
I have no idea. And as I previously wrote: It is up to the developer of the VST to make the plugin platform independent.

Anyway... would be nice to have rex files supported natively... :D

Return to “Bitwig”