time signatures (again!)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fl studio now has time signature changes too..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbDbza0VKoA
so, bitwig is now the only daw without it?

tor.helge.skei wrote:so, bitwig is now the only daw without it?
Think positive - you can now say Bitwig is exceptional, one-of-a-kind and stands-out from all the other DAWs. Without context, all those things sound positive ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:D

I can't think positive when I am unable to realize my ideas in Bitwig :( Now even FL can be called a music program, while Bitwig is still not. It's a big shame. :?

try triggering scenes live, on stage, when some parts are in 4/4 but others in 3/4, and short, spontaneous breaks in 5/4.. (with quantization set to 1 bar).. and having a full band trying to play along with you.. :cry:

Wow, as everything in FLStudio - this looks sooooo counterintuitive.

I hope Bitwig's realization of that will be much more elegant (though personally I don't need it anyway).

bolba wrote:Wow, as everything in FLStudio - this looks sooooo counterintuitive.

I hope Bitwig's realization of that will be much more elegant (though personally I don't need it anyway).
Time signature automation and full MPE support and Bitwig will be my main DAW. Until then it is second to Logic.

I think we are going about this the wrong way (asking for a musical feature). We have to get the Bitwig staff to personally get into different genres of music, and then want to make that music in their own product. Feature inception.

bolba wrote:(though personally I don't need it anyway).
me neither...

I don't use Bitwig for anything that requires T/S changes. Is true however that they are one of the Few Daws without it. Hopefully it comes in 2.3 so we no longer have such a dubious distinction.
Although to be honest id rather them fix the time-stretch before anything else.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I know I would claw my eyes out if I had to look at that font all the time, damn, is that from the 80's?

I tired using FL years ago, uninstalled it went back to Ableton and thought I was going color blind from the themes. hehe
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

yeah, the fl studio implementation is/looks awkward, like a lot of things in fl studio..
but it would be better to have something, than nothing at all..

Why not go all the way, I want the ability to set each track to it's own individual tempo/time signature for some crazy polyrhythms and Steve Reich gone tekkkno.

Taika-Kim wrote:Why not go all the way, I want the ability to set each track to it's own individual tempo/time signature for some crazy polyrhythms and Steve Reich gone tekkkno.
That would be super sweet. And I'm all for BWS having time signatures...

But for someone to say that they can't realize their vision without integrated time signatures... Just create a track/tracks that contains your own click and use the markers to indicate where time changes occur. Or label the clips that contain the clicks.

I have to do this sometimes anyway with programs that have time signatures, because they don't allow fractional, additive, and other types that I use. This has been done for decades now and long before there was even a sniff of any sort of time signature in any DAW.

As for FL Studio. I really like what they're doing. But at some point they're just going to have to morph the playlist into a full-on track-based recorder/arranger like most other DAWs have. I'd bet that's on the agenda at least as an option. Once you're used to using Edison, it all works pretty well, but it is odd for sure.

jonljacobi wrote:But for someone to say that they can't realize their vision without integrated time signatures... Just create a track/tracks that contains your own click and use the markers to indicate where time changes occur. Or label the clips that contain the clicks.
doesn't work for realtime (live, spontaneous, on stage) triggering of clips and scenes..

Return to “Bitwig”