Device panel sharing thread

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just uploaded one for Repro 5

aMUSEd wrote:Just uploaded one for Repro 5
Uploaded where?

I mean, I can't seem to find where Bitwig resources are posted, other than in this forum.

All details in first post

I've now added the details in the first post on where to put these to an info file in the repository plus some additional comments on usage.

I've also added an example script for NI Komplete Kontrol 2 - this is based on modifications to the generic 8 knob controller script. The script will follow device focus so whichever device has that focus will be automapped to the device panel controls I have setup. You can open up the panel in the device to see the full list of user pages if a device has more than one and move between these using up/down arrows on the computer keyboard and if closed the up/down arrows will also shift focus between devices in the mixer strip.

Would be nice to dispense with mouse completely for this but at the moment it is still needed to open the device panel in the first place to see the drop down user page list - I wonder if there's a way to map that to a shortcut? (or script it?)

Ok stupid dewbie question: what are people doing here? Are you creating macro controls for synths so you don't need to open the GUI to use them? I'm not sure I understand.

Not macros - device panels - just like the Bitwig default devices all have only for third party plugins Bitwig by default only ships with a handful that are supported (eg Repro 1 is one of the few). Yes they enable direct hardware control without needing to do any additional learn of mapped params (whether open or closed)

You can use them for macros too... Device Panels are for all instances of the device and Preset Panels are per preset. Fantastic functionality!

Yes of course, but in this case the intention was just to allow for hardware control of key plugin params - macros probably make more sense for preset panels

aMUSEd wrote:Yes of course, but in this case the intention was just to allow for hardware control of key plugin params - macros probably make more sense for preset panels
Agreed... just since he asked :)

BTW... I'm traveling for the next year with laptop, headphones and linnstrument. I'm curious if there is a compact (as in very small) but good quality midi controller with 8 knobs you would recommend.

Sorry not sure, the travelling one I use is a QuNexus because it's great with my iPad but it doesn't have knobs

I hear the Korg ones are good but I couldn't do without aftertouch support

I have Novation Launchkey Mini and it's not too bad and it works with Launchkey 49 builtin script.

pdxindy wrote:BTW... I'm traveling for the next year with laptop, headphones and linnstrument. I'm curious if there is a compact (as in very small) but good quality midi controller with 8 knobs you would recommend.
I have a Korg NanoKontrol2 which I though was just OK til I watched this video - now I really love it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcRLfZ40i8

8 knobs, sliders, transport control and the ability to adjust lots of device params :)

I've been looking at the newer Nano units - but not sure they would have the same functionality.

Ah, wow, this seems cool! Always something new in BW I was not aware of :D Ahh, should somebody contact support if they would just include all the work done here by default?

Updated Zebra 2 panel to include new 2.8 modules

Return to “Bitwig”