Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When copy a FX from 1 track to the other it automaticly copys the automation of that track to the other.

I dont know who to thank anymore.
But i got so much pleasure with this drum replacer/layering drumreplacer.
Take a drumloop/ or drumhit on a track...
And make track with audioreciever->replacer-> sampler.
Now with the keybutton of replacer you can choose wich pad it triggers. For me AWESOME.
And for more awesomess.. modulate the key of the replacer for instant but controlled randomness
Maybe already posted but i just made some bunch of layered snares in NO-time! :hyper: :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Not especially complicated, but I found this useful in my latest project.

Attach an envelope (in this case an AHDSR for additional control) to a Tool and use it to modulate the Amplitude for an easy amp envelope that you can slot into any part of the signal chain.

I used it to have finer control over claps with reverb on them, was hella easier than dealing with a gate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I found this "good to know" tidbit by our friend, Tom. Thanks, sir!
ThomasHelzle wrote:Also keep in mind that Bitwig does multithreading per track (like all DAWs AFAIK).
So one track with many or heavy VSTs may give you that situation.
If you can spread the load to multiple tracks, you should get better spread to your cores.
You can also test if the plugin setting "each plugin" or "only as bitbridge" in preferences gives you better performance (restart Bitwig after each change to that parameter) - I get better performance with "each plugin".

Some plugins also have internal multithreading (for instance Diva) - it's worth a try if it improves or deproves (;-) ) performance for you.

Finally: use your laptop plugged into power and at the highest performance settings, otherwise it can happen that some cores go to sleep or other illogical things happen, like the DSP meter is higher for a lower load, since the CPU is throttled.

Cheers,

Tom

drum device + some HW Instruments + MIDI loopback + some mapping = patterns (automatized clip launcher)

if u don't have Geist for this, a stock device would be lovely for this :love:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Re: "Finally: use your laptop plugged into power and at the highest performance settings, otherwise it can happen that some cores go to sleep or other illogical things happen, like the DSP meter is higher for a lower load, since the CPU is throttled."

It can also help to assure good ventilation to help keep things cool.

Most laptops can overheat when getting heavy use. This will cause the CPU to either throttle to lower speed, lock-up(crash) or shutdown.

You can keep the cpu running near it's highest speed if there is adequate air flow under the laptop and/or use a low noise fan to increase airflow.

xbitz wrote:drum device + some HW Instruments + MIDI loopback + some mapping = patterns (automatized clip launcher)

if u don't have Geist for this, a stock device would be lovely for this :love:
Oh shit. That's amazing. Here's my tip, something I've wanted to do for a while, and thanks to you I can.
Using a Midi CC device instead of notes, you can map to continuous parameters too. Here I've mapped it to a Send and added a Note Sidechain which effectively let's me play my send controls with an envelope.
It looks like this and it's awesome.

Other modulators to other settings would of course work as well. Go nuts, hook up an LFO to your Tempo setting or uuuh a steps modulator to your overdub settings? Why not. The point is, now you can. I'm using Tobias Erichsen's LoopMIDI to do this on Windows.

Here is a comprehensive Track walkthrogh using Bitwig Studio 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrl5IihNUZ4
Some useful tips and tricks explained. ;)

Right-click on the cpu meter to disable the audio engine or even terminate the process (actually works on the whole blue status/switches area except tempo and time signature)

- In Bitwig 2, to change the height of all tracks at the same time, hold ALT while adjusting the height!
- To solo just 1 track, hold Shift and click Solo.
- To hide or show all automation lanes all at once, hold Shift and click a show automation lane button.

Height of automation lanes can be adjusted as well.
+ Shift for all at once

vanhaze wrote:These are all incredibly valuable tips, thanks to all so much !! :tu:
No chat in here pls..

The location of the custom browser collections and favorites (on Windows) is: C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\library

Good to know for backup purposes. :)

I've overlooked this for way too long: VSTs have a PostFX chain.

To get rid of a user-created collection, just highlight it in the browser and press Delete. In theory there should be a right-click menu action for this, but I guess they never got around to it.

The main purpose of the striped tile in the color chooser is to set an item to derive its color from its parent. This allows you, for example, to make all tracks in a group get their color from their parent group track.

Return to “Bitwig”