your top 3 piano roll requests

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@ toby: :tu:

For me, maybe not 100% pianoroll related, but i really like to see that i can change my loop region/range also in pianoroll, instead only in arranger above. :pray:

1. real time quantize to groove template .
real time meaning i can hear or see the grid and note change while navigating different groove options

this is fl studio's quantize to groove template.
fl groove template quantize.PNG
# i can see grid (red line) change and midi note move when i change groove templates.

# and i can listen difference while navigating grooves.

# after i select groove, when turning knobs to adjust groove,(start, sensitivity, velocity etc),
i can see notes are moving in real time and also hear the changes..

much better than ableton and bitwig. they need to "commit" or "apply" to see those notes move.

# random parameter like ableton

# put several groove options in template and remember detail setting (timing, random etc)
then apply that groove to other midi clips like ableton.
ex> apply "A" groove to kick , "B" groove to piano chords then "A" groove to hi hat.
you can not do this in fl studio since if i apply "A" then "B" ,
"A" 's detail setting (timing, random etc) is gone.
GroovePool_opt.png

i think whole key point of groove function is "can see and can listen in real time"

2. "strum" "flam" "claw machine" "limit(scale)" tool like fl studio

these all helps performance A LOT for non pianist like me.

bitwig is super convenient for everything except groove and performance help tools.
thing is groove and performance are basic fundamental in hip hop and pop.

so now my workflow starts in fl studio.
making grooves and performance tight.
then go to bitwig to do every other things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Groove tools are high on my wishlist too, for the piano roll i´d also like to see:

- Note time stretch
- Auditioning of several notes at once (audition on selection?) - i requested this immediatly after starting with BWS, as there´s no "scrobble" how do you all audition your chords? I fear it´s not on the table as they´d need to change the selection/auditioning system or add another option. Would be a big omission imo.

+ scales
+ line/draw tools etc. for note expression section
+ seeds or presets for the mean/spread/chaos dialogues (whatever they are called, can't remember atm)

xbitz wrote: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:00 am must have ones for me:
- step recording (using keyboard, or pedal note length is based on the grid resolution)
- start playing from any position (which position can be selected inside a clip for fluid worklflow)
- playing regions using mouse/keyboard (Ableton Live can do with selecting region and ctrl + space)
or selected notes only -this is the looping time region topic-

(velocity sensitive piano keys depends on their pressed positions also would be nice as in the other DAWs)
+1 for all of these requests

Midi step input
Midi chase
Shortcuts to zoom/focus vertically&horizontally on the notes in currently selected clip

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

toby wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 pm Here's another thing I would like to see, darker piano roll with more thick separators at each beat, and an even thicker one (as it currently has) to separate the bars.
I second this one. This is super useful and makes it easier to see where you're at in the piano roll.

My request would be for key highlighting.

HamHat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:18 pm
owensands wrote:1) Fix the playhead synch issue
2) Fix the playhead synch issue
3) Fix the playhead synch issue

been broken since day 1
I talked with a dev about this and it's on there to do list :tu:
Do you mean 'sync' issue (if you are going to write it 3 time's…. :) )

What is the issue?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Pretty much everything in the Piano roll in Fl Studio is great at speeding up productivity. I actually bought FL but i am abandoning it because working with Midi files in FL studio is insanely stupid and i just want to bang my head several times because had i known that midi files arrangements was that tedious, i would have not bought it and you cannot resell your copy of FL... so yeah, i am stuck with it. But like i said as far as i know, nothing beats Fl studio's toolset to edit your work. Honestly i thinks this is what the bitwig team should be "majorly" focusing on next...

Audition Notes while stepping through them (Logic) and a scrub (fruity loops)
Midi Step input (Ableton)
Midi tools / realtime groove quantize (fruity loops)
Vertical Zoom shortcut

- Proper step recording (including zero step mode, so you can overwrite a chord as long as you want, just like renoise) and step editing using computer keyboard only (note length, note pitch, note, velocity), without mouse. Shortcuts for flexible step width/quantisation (increasing/decreasing instead each single key for every quantisation value)

- Harmonic scale raster using note colors

- Inplace pianoroll view, like Cubase Pro or Tracktion, or better, making the midi clip previews directly editable with mouse, if you expanded it in size, notes only here, scale colors

Midi Step Recording

I dont know, I cant help but feel if people would just learn their scales and improve there playing non of this would be necessary….I mean come on you guys, how do you play your stuff live?

…….KIDDING :clown: :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'd be happy to start with selecting a note auditions it, rather than having to give it a wiggle or press the virtual keyboard.

Chord audition would be nice as well, the FL way I once saw looked useful.

Plenty of good ideas in the thread though.

call me stupid but i find it difficult to edit side on, but bitwig is still amazing :D

Return to “Bitwig”