your top 3 piano roll requests

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) I'd like to see the piano keynote on the left highlighted when moving mouse in the piano roll

2) I'd like to be able to move a midi note while drawing it

small video:

[img=http://s11.postimg.org/rj9mdc73j/piano_roll.jpg

1) Chase long notes/events
2) Step record ala Live
3) Chase long notes/events!

carlosjcuevasm wrote:1. Make editing more intelligent. I would like combination of both, pencil and selection tool. Is pretty dumb right now. Make just one tool for input a note left clicking a empty space, moving a note when over it left clicking, delete it with right clicking, making velocity changes pressing some hot key like ctr or whatever... but I really dont like having a selection tool for moving notes and another tool for just quicky creating them. Is ...not practical!
OK, I had an idea. I'm not sure how good or practical it is. But maybe there should be an "intelligent" tool expand shortcut. When you press this key, bws will switch to another tool based on what editor you're on and which tool you've got selected.(?)

At the moment it's not that intelligent. I'd say, you have to learn it. Noticed that when you hold down the tool keys 1-5, you can switch tools only temporarily? E.g. in the note editor you've selected the selection tool. To draw notes in quickly you hold down the "2" key and after drawing you just release the key and it switches back to selection tool.

1. shorcut key for mute note & clip.
2. audition sound while moving notes with up/down arrow of qwerty keyboard.
3. op's step record or better highlighting on the note I am currently holding/playing with my midi controller/keyboard

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&start=30

so when will this get approved/implemented? :)

nexttrack30 wrote:1. shorcut key for mute note & clip.
Check: Toggle Activated in shortcut list. :borg:

Patterns patterns patterns.
I would use patterns as kind of a musician's notebook in FL Studio. Come up with an idea, create a new pattern, place it in the sequencer, decide if you like it or not, and it's still there to recall upon if you want to use it later. Currently if I have a clip that I don't want to use for right now but don't necessarily want to delete, I have to put it in an arbitrary spot in the sequencer then mute it. Really annoying.

Silentice wrote:Patterns patterns patterns.
I would use patterns as kind of a musician's notebook in FL Studio. Come up with an idea, create a new pattern, place it in the sequencer, decide if you like it or not, and it's still there to recall upon if you want to use it later. Currently if I have a clip that I don't want to use for right now but don't necessarily want to delete, I have to put it in an arbitrary spot in the sequencer then mute it. Really annoying.
You could put it in the clip launcher. Then you can easily play it in context as well, over whatever you currently have down in the arrange.

1. Make it look nicer.
2. Make it look nicer.
3. Add some options to control how nice it looks.

owensands wrote:1) Fix the playhead synch issue
2) Fix the playhead synch issue
3) Fix the playhead synch issue

been broken since day 1
I talked with a dev about this and it's on there to do list :tu:

- Step recording:

- Select a group of notes and proportionally scale/stretch time.

- Better highlighting of actively played notes:

I hated midi in Ableton and I hate it in Bitwig since it just copied Ableton. It takes a century and a half in order to get an idea down in both DAWs, god forbid you want to mess around with it later.. Whoever said Ableton was an exemplary specimen of how a piano roll should work so the Bitwig devs should copy it I would love to meet him and introduce him to fl studio.
Just copy paste fl's piano roll, I have yet to meet a person that doesn't put it heaps above any other DAW in terms of the piano roll. I can't take working on 3 DAWs anymore like its rocket science to have track comping and a decent piano roll in the same DAW lol

Ogopogo wrote:You could put it in the clip launcher.
+1 :tu:

Ogopogo wrote:
Silentice wrote:Patterns patterns patterns.
You could put it in the clip launcher. Then you can easily play it in context as well, over whatever you currently have down in the arrange.
You know I turned off the clip launcher and forgot it was there, thank you for that!

Return to “Bitwig”