Xfer Cthulhu & Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see some overkill posts here.

It's really simple:
Just put Cthulhu on a track and a Synth right after it

The little yellow square Indicate the MIDI signal affected via cthulhu.

If you put cthulhu after a synth it will become like an "Effect" plugin and can do some gating, etc Still getting the MIDI signal.

This chain I hear both Polysynths:

The first one getting gated and the second one playing an arp from Cthulhu.
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

blouaap wrote:I see overkill posts here.

Just put Cthulu on a track and a Synth right after it

Jy het duidelik nie n clue waaroor die post gaan nie ne ! Lees n bietjie ou !

Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

pdxindy wrote:
macgregor_oi wrote:Cthulhu wont work in Bitwig.

For now.
Should work... just put Cthulhu on a track and follow it with whatever instrument you want to use.

What wont work is recording the midi notes from it...
Nah, you can if you got a Mac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNZLKAa6HE

blouaap wrote:Yup ek is clueless...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNZLKAa6HE

Exactly what I explained - but for windows ! So what's the diffs ? You just laid your MIDI down already in the source track and I didn't ...

PS : We're not all Mac fanboys in here ! ;-)

Pfft..

The initial MIDI Clip is to trigger Cthulhu. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
Guess derping is a Windows thing, good that I left it far behind :wink:

Something I used in windows before and I'm sure is a quick Google search away is loopBe1.
You can do the same using loopBe1 to get the exact same result:
http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

And you do not have to use a script in Bitwig, just the generic controller.

OK - I bow to your infinite wisdom.... this aint going anywhere. You do it your way - I do it my way ;-)

sry, was allways posted;-)

This is handy, thank you.

one question- what is this ipad keyboard app youre speaking of?

Hi,

I use Pianist Pro for the Ipad and that sync's with rtpMIDI over the Bonjour Service because I run on Windows. iOS has this feature built-in so no need for 3rd party apps to make MIDI talk to the O/S.

Cheers

thanks. for some weird reason, i don't have the option to choose loopMIDI router as input for the "MIDI" track anymore. everything is set up as before. what the heck is going on.

AHH nevermind. nothing worked. I had to reset everything anew. by which time, all my inspiration was out of the window and i shut down the daw to watch videos about cats.

Fjorko wrote:Hi,

I use Pianist Pro for the Ipad and that sync's with rtpMIDI over the Bonjour Service because I run on Windows. iOS has this feature built-in so no need for 3rd party apps to make MIDI talk to the O/S.

Cheers
I know it might be off topic, but would you enlighten me as to how to set this thing up? I have got Bonjour and I have rtpMIDI, however something does not want to work and I just can't get it figured out, I've read and looked at quick tutorials as well, and my iPad just won't show up on the list on rtpMIDI. Do I need any additional hardware? I also tried setting up wireless ad-hoc on my pc, but I didn't seem to be able to make it work that way either..

Sent you a PM.

Now, as soon as I insert Hardware Instrument, all MIDI goes haywire, notes get stuck or get looped over and over until it is huge mush of sounds, can't stop audio until Bitwig's audio engine is disabled.
I am getting close to selling this software, after a while it becomes rather time consuming trying to chase bugs or discrepancies rather than working on music. Frustrating as hell.

Return to “Bitwig”