[SOLVED] I will be locked out of my duly paid Bitwig ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I keep getting notices to renew my plan, even though I'm good till 2020. The shop is seemingly unaware I already renewed via another vendor. I'm not going to worry about it.

Anyways, I wouldn't freak out OP. If you're that concerned contact them.

People, what's with assumptions and or speculation? You may want to consider chilling out and getting it from the horses mouth. :tu:
-JH

Although it makes sense (not in a grammatical way) that the product is the Plan, I will wait until I get an official response to mark the thread as solved.

Cheers.

Any others have gotten the same words? They are wrong as can be, I have a different contract which is binding, and I bet the OP as well! If someone else got such a mail, please chime in, I can imagine they have changed the words in the mean time...

Yeah I got the E-mail too. I didn't buy my last renewal from them, so they don't know??? Which is weird.
Waiting for @mevla to post about their response before going into rage mode. (kidding)

my email says:

"It's been almost 12 months since you purchased your Upgrade Plan, and we'd like to invite you to renew it.
Bitwig Studio 12 Month Upgrade Plan: 139.82 GBP
RENEW NOW
With an active Upgrade Plan you will always have the latest version of Bitwig Studio. Thank you for your continuing support!

Best regards from Berlin,
The Bitwig Team
www.bitwig.com"

That sounds reasonable! And is what I would expect... Much more friendly as well...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:59 pm That sounds reasonable! And is what I would expect... Much more friendly as well...
Yeah but (at least in my case) it is wrong, It is certainly not almost 12 months since I purchased an Upgrade Plan.
I think nobody would object, when the timing is right.

They just need to sync databases... :clown:

A good timing would be the next release AFTER the plan ran out. At least that would give you the fealing that they have confidence that Bitwig users are smart. If they send it out before, they hope you are not...

The answer from Bitwig support confirms what we all know about how it goes, eg:

"We're sorry you received this message. It is worded wrongly. Of course you're able to continue using your Bitwig license. ​When the Upgrade plan expires, you won't receive new feature updates unless you extend your plan. We do roll out bug fix updates for the whole community though. Again we're sorry for the confusing message. "

Support also has asked to forward the email to the Bitwig sales dept. which I just did.

One thing though: bug fixes are for the community. I haven't paid attention to that, was there any Bitwig release since 2.x that could be installed w/o an upgrade plan ?

Nice.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

I purchased my upgrade plan 12 months ago in a sale but only activated it December. So I guess they presumed I activated it straight away hence the email.

mevla wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 pm The answer from Bitwig support confirms what we all know about how it goes, eg:

"We're sorry you received this message. It is worded wrongly. Of course you're able to continue using your Bitwig license. ​When the Upgrade plan expires, you won't receive new feature updates unless you extend your plan. We do roll out bug fix updates for the whole community though. Again we're sorry for the confusing message. "

Support also has asked to forward the email to the Bitwig sales dept. which I just did.

One thing though: bug fixes are for the community. I haven't paid attention to that, was there any Bitwig release since 2.x that could be installed w/o an upgrade plan ?
Most likely they meant 2.x.x releases, which you can actually update for free, even if your subscription ran out.
And, previously, in some cases they allowed .x point releases for free, when you subscription plan run out ~2-3 weeks before upgrade date. But mostly it was coincide with early adopters subscriptions.

peteb2006 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:45 pm I purchased my upgrade plan 12 months ago in a sale but only activated it December. So I guess they presumed I activated it straight away hence the email.
yeah... it seems that it is based on purchase, not activation...

Maybe bitwig can hire a professional for dealing with marketing and queries. Could be a guy/girl from the forums here and pay him/her by giving free bitwig upgrades until they work under the team. I'm sure someone would be happy to receive an upgrade plan each year for free in exchange of marketing/answering questions.

I was hoping to keep with Bitwig but like many think this upgrade subscription is horrendous. 169.00 to have one year of updates for a newer daw is the worst deal in all music production I have come across. This could very well be a disaster for the company. Advertising is awful , have not even released 2.5 yet but are teasing 3.0 way to early. Why on earth would they shoot themselves in the foot and have users go back to a different daw with better long term pricing. Obviously not a happy customer. Shucks ,I could have been a die hard fan but 169 is really bad for one year only.

Return to “Bitwig”