Trigger scenes on a track while recording new scenes?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to trigger scenes on another track at the same time as you are recording new scenes on another track?

After setting post recording action/record into next free slot I want to auto record a few scenes or so and then play back those same scenes while recording new scenes on the next track for vocal harmonies while being able to hear the first scenes.

Or in other words: how to setup a looper rig in Bitwig without Mobius.
I am interested in that work flow as well. Whoever figured out how to do that, please chime in, also which controllers aid you for that task...

Yes! And even better? I think you have to manually trigger each new clip in Mobius?

If using Mobius you can set up (Bitwig) MIDI clips that send a MIDI event into Mobius that Mobius is programmed to go "Next Loop". Those Bitwig clips can then be set to "play next clip" or whatever you need. I used this trick in Ableton.

This thread brings up something I have been thinking of: Bitwig is lacking a delay that can be used for audio looping. Something like the Lexicon PSP 42 plugin or the Augustus Loop by Expert Sleepers. With the upcoming BW3 Grid that would be really useful and bring in more Bitwig users as well.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

pboy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am If using Mobius you can set up (Bitwig) MIDI clips that send a MIDI event into Mobius that Mobius is programmed to go "Next Loop". Those Bitwig clips can then be set to "play next clip" or whatever you need. I used this trick in Ableton.

This thread brings up something I have been thinking of: Bitwig is lacking a delay that can be used for audio looping. Something like the Lexicon PSP 42 plugin or the Augustus Loop by Expert Sleepers. With the upcoming BW3 Grid that would be really useful and bring in more Bitwig users as well.
Awesome!

...or set up clips with automation for the different looper functions. Typically a one-shot clip at a relevant Bitwig quantize value. Then assign that clip to a foot pedal button. You may also want to experiment with such control clips that send sequences of commands into the looper. A cool thing I use with a simple (audio) flute input is to hit a pedal that for one 32d note raises the loop speed (= pitch) while cutting in an overdub of the note I'm playing as well as lowering the feedback of the looper/delay plugin to creat "a pocket" in the old audio layers for the new slice. A very fun way to create a bass line from non-bass range playing.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

The master of looping explaining some tricks... Thanks for the inspiration, I have to reanimate my softstep somehow...

pboy wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 am ...or set up clips with automation for the different looper functions. Typically a one-shot clip at a relevant Bitwig quantize value. Then assign that clip to a foot pedal button. You may also want to experiment with such control clips that send sequences of commands into the looper. A cool thing I use with a simple (audio) flute input is to hit a pedal that for one 32d note raises the loop speed (= pitch) while cutting in an overdub of the note I'm playing as well as lowering the feedback of the looper/delay plugin to creat "a pocket" in the old audio layers for the new slice. A very fun way to create a bass line from non-bass range playing.
Interesting!

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:18 pm The master of looping explaining some tricks... Thanks for the inspiration, I have to reanimate my softstep somehow...
Nice!

Added in 2.5

“Concept of clip blocks, for addressing different groups of Launcher clips with new Next Action options.”

Anyone have more info on this?

Return to “Bitwig”