Serene Horizon for Diversion from Touch The Universe (Over 270 Presets) - Available Now!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The first patch showcase walk through is finally ready. I ran into some exporting issues or it would have been done a couple days ago :ud: I went the the leads in this video playing some goa trance melodies, and had quite some fun doing it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJaQ9CRIZc
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I just updated the video to HD since it was too blurry in the last one. Please watch in HD or it will be hard to read the presets. Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Anyone happen to know how to record the screen with studio one? It seems it steals the soundcard from the screen recorder? I have the allow background audio checked in S1, not sure what else to try.

TTU Youtube

I was finally able to figure how to record screen inside studio so the rest of the videos will be coming soon :D
Video Capture audio.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TTU Youtube

Hey guys, would like to share a tutorial with you. I create a drum track from scratch using the drum presets from the serene horizon soundset for the diversion vsti inside studio one. The drum style can be used in anything from edm, goa, psy, anything with a 4x4 beat really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyCFVof ... e=youtu.be

TTU Youtube

Hey guys, just wanted to share an original composition, "Autumn Reveries", with you guys, using a preset from the soundset. Another video will be soon where I cycle through the keys. Then I save the best for last, the pad and atmosphere's video. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alvMeYxQxE

TTU Youtube

Test video

NM :D
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Fri May 06, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TTU Youtube

aMUSEd wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:The pads and atmosphere don't take too much cpu (no where near what you might expect from diversion) because they went through the cpu saving feature of streaming the oscillator to wave and imported back into itself. This saves a lot of cpu!!
Yeah but then you have static waveforms - part of the greatness of Diversion is that the oscillators generate sounds in real-time so you don't get degradation of the sound quality at high frequencies or aliasing. I would suggest an eco version of those patches that uses the samples for sketching out a production, but a HQ version using the original oscs for bouncing down.
This thought occurred to me as well but I decided to go with the patch versions that use less cpu. Not all the patches needed to be streamed, but one's that did, ate up almost all of my cpu (with all the fx, and modulations turned off). Like I said earlier, there are pluses and minuses to doing it this way and chose the one where I thought the benefits of using massively less cpu would outweigh the aliasing. Your point is solid, but with pads, generally they aren't played in the lower or even upper octaves as much. I chose the c4 and c5 key to stream (depending on the pad), so it is already pretty high up there, but was chosen to sound best in the targeted range the patch was created. That is a major selling point of this synth, that I was able to take extremely lush sounding oscillators that some gorgeous, but max out the system, and preserve there beauty while reducing there cpu. On top of that, a lot of modulations, fx, and other filters were applied (which couldn't be applied on some patches before the osc's were streamed). Thus taking Diversion further and to its limit. The point you make is solid however, but would you really want a patch that would eat up all your system, or one that sounds the same within there usual targeted range? I have the original versions of the patches before they were steamed that I am willing to share as well for those of you interested in them. Thanks for bringing this issue up aMUSED and I hope I was able to point out the benefits of doing it this way, while also acknowledging the validity of keeping the osc in the oscs in there original form (while taking the cpu hit).

If there is a patch you want the oscillators in there pre-streamed form please send me your email that you used at paypal and I will send you the patches.

Cheers,

Tim
No problem, I get why you did it, however don't forget that none of the CPU hit matters when rendering down offline, so having both versions - an eco and full - for those patches would still be useful to me and I would expect others too.
What happened with this?

I have and found a lot of patches that use full oscillators from the ones where I streamed them. Of the 280 patches, I think roughly a fifth uses the cpu saving method. Sadly, I don't have the full spread of all the ones to replace with. I plan to make a note on the site to offer them in case they are desired and might include them within the rar itself sometime soon. I will make this standard practice though starting with the next bank I plan to release for diversion.

If interested I could send you or make available a test patch here that is the same patch but using the two methods and they can be compared. The same chord would sound identical but one would have 80 percent less cpu. Sound difference only deviates if the patches (which are all pads and ambient soundscapes) go above c7. With all the unison, effects, modulations going on, it maxes out the system quite fast, on a blank project even, so I really think the cpu saving method is the way to go for projects (for the most case).

Starting next bank and beyond, I will implement those options. Cheers

TTU Youtube

What's up guys. Anything new happening in Diversion land? :D

TTU Youtube

Just curious because out of nowhere this soundset picked up again, wondering if I missed an announcement or something :)

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:59 am Just curious because out of nowhere this soundset picked up again, wondering if I missed an announcement or something :)
Might have something to do with that it was 49$ at PiB.

That must be it, especially if the sale started a few days ago :wink:

what site is PiB though?

I hope this means Diversion 2 is near :)

TTU Youtube

Actually it just ended afaik?

PiB = Pluginboutique

Anyone interested in more soundsets for Diversion?

A little birdy told me some good news about Diversion 8)

TTU Youtube

Return to “Soundware”